It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Going off Ortho Tri Cyclin b/c of mood swings

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-31-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
    luv2shop
    (female)

luv2shop HB User
    Going off Ortho Tri Cyclin b/c of mood swings

I've been on various BC for almost 7 years now. I've been on Ortho Tri Cyclin for about 4 years. It's worked great for normal periods (which I use to get them every 2 weeks for 10 days). Anyhow, I never really notice my mood changes w/my ex because we were constantly fighting anyways so it really didn't seem like I had mood swings. I have been with my fiance now for over 2 years and never been happier. He is a wonderful man and I love him to death. He has told me he loves me and I'm the best thing that ever happened to him 20 days out of the month. He said that I have mood swings 1 week before my period starts and 3 days into my period, he calls it "storm week". I try to control it but it seems that during that week I will find everything and anything to fight with him about. It has put a real strain on our relationship. We discussed it and he wants me to try going off the pill for a while and see if I go through my "storm week."

I just want to know if anyone has had this problem and if they have gotton off the pill and it helped their mood swings. What I am also afraid of is that our wedding is in 7 months and I don't want to end up pregnant before we are married. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
    ShOrTyMe
    (female)

ShOrTyMe HB User
    Re: Going off Ortho Tri Cyclin b/c of mood swings

im on orthotricyclen too and ive noticed some mad mood swings too!

Old 05-12-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
    supergirl_arita
    Inactive
    (female)

supergirl_arita HB User

I too was on othro a couple of years ago..and my mood swings got so bad that I thought I was bi-polar...Until my b/f and I finally figured out that my moody-ness was caused by my pill..I stopped it and got a thousand times better....

But now I am on ortho lo...and am startin to have the same problem again...(less moodiness this time...or depression...)

If anyone has any good suggestions on another brand or even method that would be great!

Old 05-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
    jadontusmommy
    (female)

jadontusmommy HB User

I too had severe mood swings that I would actally hit my DH while I was on Ortho. My Dr. changed me to a low dose pill (i can't remember what it was called we are TTC now). The low dose helped, but I still would get mood swings, thankfully not as bad. I think that some people might have a hard time using horomones to prevent pg. Talk to your Dr. about low dose pills or maybe there is a no horomone method of contraception that will work for you.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:39 AM   #5
    SunKissed
    Veteran
    (female)

SunKissed HB User

lol when i was on ortho lo my boyfriend would call it 'hell week'
    it made me a wreck. so moody, snapped at everyone, ughh
    just terrible. i switched to monophasic (Lo Ovral) and i am so much happier now!

Old 05-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #6
    bajan71
    Inactive
    (female)

bajan71 HB User

Yes indeed I was on the same and would be insanely bitchy and since I've stopped I am now as normal as ever, no arguments nothing! Best thing I could've done for my marriage!

Closed Thread