It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Ogestrel? Anyone on it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-06-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
    Tracy821
    (female)

Tracy821 HB User
    Question Ogestrel? Anyone on it?

I was wondering if anyone else is or was on Ogestrel and what your side effects were while you were on them and if you went off of them. I've currently gone off of them after doing research...yeh 3 years later and I feel horrible. Thanks

Tracy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
    katkat2029
    (female)

katkat2029 HB User
    Re: Ogestrel? Anyone on it?

hey i was on ogestrel lo and it sucked because it made me gain weiht buts thats about all it did...but it gave me such an apettite thats even my bf was scared lol wats was ur experience and what did u find out about it.......all i found outr was that they use ogestrol as a morming after pill....like they give u 4 and then 4 more 12 hours later its works the same as any morning after pill they even give that to girls sometimes in clinics

Old 04-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #3
    Tracy821
    (female)

Tracy821 HB User

Oh someone else who has been on it. I haven't really had any problems being on the pill. I've been on it for 3 1/2 years and my weight has definitely gone up. I thought it was just me but then I've noticed that when I eat right and exercise I don't really lose much or it just rebounds right back up. I was 105 when I started on them and I don't even want to say where I am right now. I DIDN'T even know that it was used for the morning after pill until I just read up on it the other day. Maybe I should have done that in the beginning. I just feel uneasy about that.

What were your symptoms when you went off of it. Did you lose the weight? I've gone to several websites and of course they all say that weight gain isn't a likely side effect with any birth control pills anymore but I think they're lying their asses off.

Oh my God my b/f and I could eat about the same amount of food...which isn't like me. I haven't been as hungry since going off of them and that was 2 weeks ago. Also I just feel more normal and I have a sex drive again. I just feel nauseas and get headaches. Did you experience that at all.

Thanks so much for responding I felt like I was the only one on this kind.

Tracy

Old 04-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
    katkat2029
    (female)

katkat2029 HB User

lol i know i always asked girls if they where taking ogestrol and they looked at me like i was m,aking the name up..um ive been off it for a month and i have lost the weight but recently because the first month i was still kinda eating alot im guessing cause of the habit of eating alot when on it...lol i was 105 when i started also and i went to 128 which i was going crazy over that especially because im short lol i didnt get any other symptoms other than weight gain....um i only lasted 3 months on it though.the fact that its used for morning after pill makes me feel that it must be strong

what i do is so that the weight could go away quicccck is drink green tea alot not only cause it is popular cause i have been driking it for a while but because i like it alot and it makes me pee alot..so u might try it or cramberry juice so u shed all the water weight
    i dont even think ill be going back on any birth control pills because they all get me fat and i really hate gaining weight and i really take it hard
    anyways i hope u loose the weight u gained im sure u will

Old 04-08-2005, 06:01 AM   #5
    Tracy821
    (female)

Tracy821 HB User

Oh my God I think I you are living my life. LOL! I'm only 5'0 and started at 105 and I went up to 128. I did manage to drop some weight going to the gym but not as much as I should have for all the time and energy I was putting into it.

I'll try your two suggestions. I just wish I didn't feel so ill. Ever since going off of them I have headaches, stomach aches and nausea but I guess thats to be expected when I've been on them for 3 1/2 years.

Closed Thread