It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• cramps while on the pill?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
    laskalady
    (female)

laskalady HB User
    cramps while on the pill?

Hello..I've been taking seasonale and i'm on my second month now.. The nausea has gone away but now i'm experiencing cramps. I thought bcps were supposed to supress cramps? These cramps arent as painful as the real period cramps, but they do feel like pms cramps. Nontheless, they are bothersome. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm still spotting everyday, but the cramps are a recent side effect which im concerned about. Thanx for any response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
    frustrated35
    Inactive
    (female)

frustrated35 HB User
    Re: cramps while on the pill?

I've been on the pill for years and still get those uncomfortable cramps. I usually get them on the 2nd day which is my worst. I don't get them before my period starts and before getting on the pill I would.

I've asked my ob/gyn and he said that everyone's bodies are different, but as long as I didn't have cramps the while entire month (even when off my period) then I'm fine. Sometimes the cramps are so bad that I take a pain pill (darvosette) not sure how to spell it. Advil just doens't cut it.

Old 04-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
    laskalady
    (female)

laskalady HB User

Thanx for your reply... its like the wierd thing is that since I"m on a continous cyle pill like Seasonale, I would think I'd never have to do deal with cramps...boy was I wrong!

Old 04-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
    rush_rulz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rush_rulz HB User

"I thought bcps were supposed to supress cramps?"

Me too! ha was I wrong! If I don't take a pain killer, I still hurt like a mother!!!! Soo bad. IF I take Ibprofen BEFORE the cramps start (for me it's always day two of my bleeding), then I will get them, if I keep taking Ib profen usually I wont' , however I still deal w/ digestive/bowel issues at that time of the month and it's awful...my dr told me that BCP would obliterate all those probs and here I am still 3 yrs later.

Closed Thread