It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Yasmin...how do you like it?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
    mblacks2
    (female)

mblacks2 HB User
    Yasmin...how do you like it?

I would like to know how everyone likes Yasmin out there. What are the advantages and disadvantages? I am currently on OrthoEvra (the patch) and I was wanting to change to the Pill. I have been on Ortho-TriCyclen before and it was fine so I was just wanting to try another brand. So if anyone is on Yasmin and can tell me about it, I would be grateful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
    Kanga
    (female)

Kanga HB User
    Smile Re: Yasmin...how do you like it?

I have been on Yasmin for a month and a week. It's the first method of birth control I've been on (sans condoms..). I was a day one starter and my period ended up lasting for a month. Now that it's finally done (thank God!) my only side effects are a disappointing weight gain - despite eating healthier and working out more - and depression. I've been extremely negative lately and uninspired to do anything at all. I'm not entirely certain it's the Yasmin, but this is my guess as I've never been like this before (I'm 20) and it has progressively gotten worse since I started taking the pill.

I have heard some pretty bad things about it, but I've also heard great things. I suppose you never know until you try. Consult your gyno, though, just to make sure it's right for you.

Good luck!

Old 07-20-2005, 01:24 PM   #3
    mithrril
    (female)

mithrril HB User
    Re: Yasmin...how do you like it?

I just started Yasmin so I can't quite give a great opinion...I've been on it for a month now. I didn't have any side effects, really. I had some very mild cramping for the first couple of weeks but it was nothing to worry about. I hardly noticed. I didn't have any spotting, sickness, headaches, etc. I did have some powerful moodswings though. They seem to have stopped now.

The one issue I'm having is that I haven't had my period yet. I have had sex, but I hadn't missed any pills and I used condoms, so I'm hoping that it's just my reaction to the birth control and that my cycle simply isn't straight yet. My cycle was always very off, with 2 months between my periods. Hopefully I'll have my period by the end of the week.

*Update* Had my period, today. So I got it on the end of the 5th pill.

Last edited by mithrril; 07-20-2005 at 06:19 PM.

Old 07-20-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
    mblacks2
    (female)

mblacks2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kanga
    I have been on Yasmin for a month and a week. It's the first method of birth control I've been on (sans condoms..). I was a day one starter and my period ended up lasting for a month. Now that it's finally done (thank God!) my only side effects are a disappointing weight gain - despite eating healthier and working out more - and depression. I've been extremely negative lately and uninspired to do anything at all. I'm not entirely certain it's the Yasmin, but this is my guess as I've never been like this before (I'm 20) and it has progressively gotten worse since I started taking the pill.

I have heard some pretty bad things about it, but I've also heard great things. I suppose you never know until you try. Consult your gyno, though, just to make sure it's right for you.

Good luck!
    Thank you very much for your input, I have heard from a lot of people that they have been very depressed when using Yasmin. I don't think I would like that, I am already moody and stuff enough as it is. But as long as it is effective as birth control then I guess I can deal with it.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #5
    Hideout
    Inactive

Hideout HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mblacks2
    Thank you very much for your input, I have heard from a lot of people that they have been very depressed when using Yasmin. I don't think I would like that, I am already moody and stuff enough as it is. But as long as it is effective as birth control then I guess I can deal with it.
    There ARE other choices for birth control that won't make you depressed or moody and they are just as effective. Ask your doctor for something else.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
    SayMoo
    Inactive
    (female)

SayMoo HB User

Yasmin IS suppose to make you feel good. Its suppose to eliminate depression and weight gain..but you have to understand that everyone reacts to DRUGS differently.
    Also someone who is using yasmin and is happy, wouldnt bother coming to this board. This is where people with problems or issues or questions about bc come.

Closed Thread