It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Spotting before week off 2 months in a row...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
    YellowCrayon
    (female)

YellowCrayon HB User
    Spotting before week off 2 months in a row...

I've been on BC since the beginning of the year. I started out on the patch but had a number of problems with it and in June switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. The first 2 months were great, I had no side effects or anything. Then last month when I started on my second last week of pills (the light blue ones) my period started as well, so it started a week early. When I started on the placebo pills my period continued on but was a bit shorter. I didn't know if it was just a late side effect or what so I just kept taking pills and the same thing happened this month. Should I be worried that my period is starting a week early? I don't know if I should contact the doc now or wait another cycle and see what happens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Spotting before week off 2 months in a row...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YellowCrayon
    I've been on BC since the beginning of the year. I started out on the patch but had a number of problems with it and in June switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. The first 2 months were great, I had no side effects or anything. Then last month when I started on my second last week of pills (the light blue ones) my period started as well, so it started a week early. When I started on the placebo pills my period continued on but was a bit shorter. I didn't know if it was just a late side effect or what so I just kept taking pills and the same thing happened this month. Should I be worried that my period is starting a week early? I don't know if I should contact the doc now or wait another cycle and see what happens.

It sounds like the last week of hormones isn't a strong enough dose for you. If it continues, definately let your doctor know; you may benefit from regular Ortho Tri-Cyclen. It has 10mcg more estradiol than the Lo brand, and that may be enough to help your spotting.

Closed Thread