It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Alesse and moodiness, crying, emotion-full

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2005, 05:41 AM   #1
    lola1777
    (female)

lola1777 HB User
    Alesse and moodiness, crying, emotion-full

Has anyone been on or is taking Alesse and it made them feel crazy? I have been on it since before May and I am noticing that I am an emotional wreck. I do have a lot of stress in my life, but for the past few months I am beginning to see a cycle that right before my period is to start I get very emotional, crying for no reason, yelling for no reason, very moody and I can't help it when it happens but then realize afterward that I just do not feel myself. I feel like I am going nuts. I am wondering if it could be the bc or the fact that I came off the Depo Provera (after 3 years of being on it) and then went right into taking the Alesse. Maybe its my horomones? Or could it just be the Alesse? I do like it because I haven't had any side effects except for this.. possibly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
    lola1777
    (female)

lola1777 HB User
    Re: Alesse and moodiness, crying, emotion-full

I guess I do have one side effect of the Alesse I forgot to mention and that is that my acne has gotten worse since being on the Alesse, but I am not so sure since I also started using Proactive Solution, so I thought maybe that may be causing the outbreaks really bad, since they told me that my skin will get worse before it gets better. I am still holding out to see if it starts to clear up with the Alesse. I read somewhere that it is suppose to help acne.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lola1777
    I guess I do have one side effect of the Alesse I forgot to mention and that is that my acne has gotten worse since being on the Alesse, but I am not so sure since I also started using Proactive Solution, so I thought maybe that may be causing the outbreaks really bad, since they told me that my skin will get worse before it gets better. I am still holding out to see if it starts to clear up with the Alesse. I read somewhere that it is suppose to help acne.

Any birth control can cause these problems. If you think that your moods are definately related to the pill (and not stress or other influences), definately talk to your doctor about it. You may want to try another brand of pills with a different hormone combination/strengths.

As far as the acne, there is no way to tell for sure since you're using ProActive. The ProActive could be the culprit that's aggravating your skin, or it could be the pill. Alesse isn't approved by the FDA for treatment of acne, but all brands of birth control have the potential to treat acne. Again, consult with your physician.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #4
    snirpy2
    (female)

snirpy2 HB User

Lola, I have been on Alesse for about 5 years now and at the very beginning I noticed the acne as well but eventually it faded away. I began Alesse to help with the mood swings and severe PMS I was having. Definetly talk to your doctor. Sometimes it takes a little while to find the right one for you. Good luck.

Closed Thread