It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Anybody have positive experiences with Mirena IUD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2005, 06:02 PM   #1
    vickid
    (female)

vickid HB User
    Anybody have positive experiences with Mirena IUD?

My dr. is recommending the Mirena IUD to control break through bleeding, not for birth control purposes, does anyone have any positive experiences you can share with me. I'm tired of bleeding 3 weeks out of the month and want to try something, but I haven't read alot of positives about this.
    thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User
    Re: Anybody have positive experiences with Mirena IUD?

i got Mirena for a similar reason. not for birth control, but to control my bleeding. my cycles were way off and my periods were extremely heavy. i've had Mirena for almost four months now and i love it. my cycles are still off, but the bleeding is significantly lighter and i have had almost no cramping. overall, i'm very happy with it.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
    confused32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

confused32 HB User

I got my mirena inserted in july on the last day of my period, i have been bleeding everyday since........some days its light some days its heavy im not sure if had a period in aug cause i never stop bleeding, the doc keeps tellin me to just bare with it but im getting really sick of it, i am giving it 6 months and if it is still like this i am having mine taken out. It wasnt painful getting it and i havent had any cramping or anything but the bleeding is just getting to me.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:34 AM   #4
    vickid
    (female)

vickid HB User

My dr. had told me, it could take several months for the bleeding to stop. So, maybe give it a few more months.
    I'm still not real sure I understand how it can have hormones in it, that last for 5 yrs.! And I also wonder about having a piece of plastic in my body too. I guess I'm pretty confused on the whole thing yet.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #5
    mickih
    (female)

mickih HB User

I had the Mirena IUD inserted during my period at the end of May. For the first couple of months, I had continuous light bleeding, but now it has totally stopped. I have very light periods with little cramping. So far, I love it and would definatley recommedn it to others. It doesn't have all of the side effects that come with taking the pill.

mickih

Old 10-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #6
    Raddisonmn
    (female)

Raddisonmn HB User

Hello to all. I've had my Mirena IUD in place since March 02. I had heavy bleeding during my periods before and after having it in place it tapered off slowly. I too was tired of having my period for 8 weeks straight after having it put in, but just give it time. I now, after 3 years rarely have an episode of bleeding. What a JOY. I've never had any discomfort nor any other problems with it. Perhaps I'm lucky...all I know is that I'm so happy that I head about Mirena and decided to "go for it."

Closed Thread