It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Best Pill To Take For Migraine Sufferers

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
    sweeterthan
    (female)

sweeterthan HB User
    Question Best Pill To Take For Migraine Sufferers

Hi everyone. I'm pregnant right now, due in december and have started thinking about some birth control options after my daughter is born.
    When I was 16 I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 2 years. Then I decided to go on the Patch when I was 19. I stopped the patch a little less than a year later. So I wasn't on any hormonal bc for about 2 years. In March I found out I was pregnant, I am 21 now.
    Now this is my problem. I have migraines and being on the pill triggered them. Being on the patch was even worse, I had several migraines a week. And also I have migraine with aura to make things worse. So anything thats going to trigger one I stay away from. Thats why I decided not to go back on the pill or patch in fear that it was making the migraines worse and more frequent.
    Now does anyone know if there is a pill safe for us folks with migraines? I heard Yasmin doesn't bring on migraines like some of the other pills.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2005, 05:20 AM   #2
    lilsuzy
    (female)

lilsuzy HB User
    Re: Best Pill To Take For Migraine Sufferers

I think it just depends on you as a person. Everyone is different. Try the Yasmin...some love it, some hate it. I took Yasmin for about 2 yrs before it finally clicked in my head the pill was causing frequent migraines--had the aura too. I haven't (knock on wood) had a migraine since I stopped taking them about a year ago. My doc wants me to start Ovcon....I hope that doesn't trigger migraines ???

Old 09-18-2005, 05:18 AM   #3
    kirafaye
    Inactive
    (female)

kirafaye HB User

My mum went on depo and has had like only one miagraine in 2 yrs vs the 2 per month for over a week kinda deal...she loves it. Her miagraines where hormonal.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:13 PM   #4
    dreamer89
    Inactive
    (female)

dreamer89 HB User

I just started on seasonale because of heavy periods and I have noticed that last few days a mild migraine, I don't suffer very severe migraines, but I have had a slight headache the last 3 days which corresponds to about a week before my period would normally come, dont' know if that means anything or not.

RR been on seasonale for over two weeks now.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
    KSAS
    (female)

KSAS HB User

I use alesse and I have not had a migraine in 4 years. I used to get them all the time. I haven't had the alesse trigger them at all

Closed Thread