It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Please help missed pills now period late..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
    BBG903
    (female)

BBG903 HB User
    Exclamation Please help missed pills now period late..

I have been on ortho tricyclen lo for 2 yrs now. I had my last period on Sept 14 and was due to start my new pills on 9/18. I wasn't able to pick them up until 9/22 and figured the whole wk was shot and decided to start fresh on 9/25. Well stupid me figured i wasn't fertile during the week of 9/18 - 9/24 and DH and i had sex 3 x's that week w/o back up. So I started my new pills and we used the w/d method and had sex 4x's the following week. Bad i know. So I did an ovulation calc. online and it said i would have ovulated on 9/29 (not sure if this would be the case seeing how i have been on bc for 2 yrs). But anyways if that is correct, at what would have been 8dpo i had some spotting for 2days. Then it disappeared. On 10/10 I took a First response test and it said neg. Then i developed a yeast infec. on 10/11 which i treated. I was due for my period on 10/14 and so far have not gotten it. I tested again this am and test came back neg. I have been experiencing period like cramping, headaches, sore bbs, increased cm, fatigued, and yesterday i had a dizzy spell. So my ques is should i assume that i am not pg and keep taking my pills? Will my period be late due to starting a week late. I'm really confused and would appreciate any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Please help missed pills now period late..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BBG903
    I have been on ortho tricyclen lo for 2 yrs now. I had my last period on Sept 14 and was due to start my new pills on 9/18. I wasn't able to pick them up until 9/22 and figured the whole wk was shot and decided to start fresh on 9/25. Well stupid me figured i wasn't fertile during the week of 9/18 - 9/24 and DH and i had sex 3 x's that week w/o back up. So I started my new pills and we used the w/d method and had sex 4x's the following week. Bad i know. So I did an ovulation calc. online and it said i would have ovulated on 9/29 (not sure if this would be the case seeing how i have been on bc for 2 yrs). But anyways if that is correct, at what would have been 8dpo i had some spotting for 2days. Then it disappeared. On 10/10 I took a First response test and it said neg. Then i developed a yeast infec. on 10/11 which i treated. I was due for my period on 10/14 and so far have not gotten it. I tested again this am and test came back neg. I have been experiencing period like cramping, headaches, sore bbs, increased cm, fatigued, and yesterday i had a dizzy spell. So my ques is should i assume that i am not pg and keep taking my pills? Will my period be late due to starting a week late. I'm really confused and would appreciate any advice.
    Your period should still come during the inactive week of pills. If you started your pack a week later, then of course your period is going to come a week later. The pill regulates your period to a 28 day cycle, and you're not to get your period until you start the inactive tablets.

That being said, since you started your new packet a week late, you should have abstained/used a back up method for 7 days. Even starting a new pack 1 day late increases your chances for pregnancy. Please read your package insert for more information.

Anyway, wait for your period to come. If it does not come during your inactive week, then take a pregnancy test before starting the next new pack.

Closed Thread