It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• chance of pregnancy while on depo? late shot?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2005, 08:44 AM   #1
    jules1
    Veteran
    (female)

jules1 HB User
    chance of pregnancy while on depo? late shot?

I was due for my depo shot the first of Oct. Well, the Dr's office told me wrong, so I ended up coming back a day late for my second shot. The Dr. told me to come back in two weeks to get the shot. At that time they did a pregnancy test, and then gave me my shot.

The first time I got the shot they told me to use protection for 2 weeks, however they didn't tell me this when I got my second shot late. Does anyone know that chances that I might have gotten pregnant those 2 weeks after my second shot?

I've been having bad cramps and some spotting the past few weeks, but I just assume the cramps are from my endometriosis (even though they are worse than they have been in the past) and the spotting is from the shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
    jenn1v
    (female)

jenn1v HB User
    Re: chance of pregnancy while on depo? late shot?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jules1
    I was due for my depo shot the first of Oct. Well, the Dr's office told me wrong, so I ended up coming back a day late for my second shot. The Dr. told me to come back in two weeks to get the shot. At that time they did a pregnancy test, and then gave me my shot.

The first time I got the shot they told me to use protection for 2 weeks, however they didn't tell me this when I got my second shot late. Does anyone know that chances that I might have gotten pregnant those 2 weeks after my second shot?

I've been having bad cramps and some spotting the past few weeks, but I just assume the cramps are from my endometriosis (even though they are worse than they have been in the past) and the spotting is from the shot.

The likelyhood of you getting pregant within 2 weeks between depo shots is very slim. I wont really worry on that but if your cramps contuie then maybe take a at home test.

Closed Thread