It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Patch or Seasonale??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
    perkinssl
    (female)

perkinssl HB User
    Patch or Seasonale??

I have been on the patch for about 2 years and I love it except for the mgraines I get on my patch free week. So...this week I decided to skip the patch free week and skip my period to see what happens. Well..NO migraines! I'm very excited because the migranies I get are usually very bad and sometimes I have to call in to work.

So after this box of patches I am thinking of switching to seasonale but I've heard such bad things about it. I'm thinking if I don't spot when skipping my period with the patch, I wonder if I would spot when using seasonale. I'm just not interested in spot at all. I've never had a problem with spotting so maybe this will not happen. So, any suggestions or opinions, good or bad would help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Patch or Seasonale??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by perkinssl
    I have been on the patch for about 2 years and I love it except for the mgraines I get on my patch free week. So...this week I decided to skip the patch free week and skip my period to see what happens. Well..NO migraines! I'm very excited because the migranies I get are usually very bad and sometimes I have to call in to work.

So after this box of patches I am thinking of switching to seasonale but I've heard such bad things about it. I'm thinking if I don't spot when skipping my period with the patch, I wonder if I would spot when using seasonale. I'm just not interested in spot at all. I've never had a problem with spotting so maybe this will not happen. So, any suggestions or opinions, good or bad would help.

There is no way to know if you'll spot when using Seasonale. Ortho Evra and Seasonale contain different hormones, and your body may react to them differently. Futhermore, your body may not spot when skipping 1 period, but you could run into problems when skipping multiple periods, as Seasonale is designed to do.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
    dreamer89
    Inactive
    (female)

dreamer89 HB User

I have been on seasonale for five months and still have regular periods, where I first start out spotting then it gets heavier where I have to stop for seven days (per doc suggestion) then restart, I haven't had any pms symptoms whatsoever,no tenderness no migraines, not that I have severe migraines but enough to ruin my days.

and just got over a period and restarted them, seems like I am getting used to it when I first started seasonale I got stomach cramps or bloating at first, but after a week it went away, and next time I restarted did the same thing but only lasted a few days, this time I didn't get any stomach cramps or bloating feeling.

I have been on antibitics for now going on three weeks, the first bout of antibiotics didn't quelch the infection so I had to go on another bout. didn't seem to affect my bc tolerance (by the way the seasonale did lighten up my periods considerably, which is why I started on them in the first place, not for birth control, that is not an issue with me.

I would have flooding periods till I became severely anemic, which snuck up on me without me knowing.

RR

Old 03-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #4
    lorraine521
    (female)

lorraine521 HB User

Before I had got onto seasonale, the patch was my first time being on any birth control, I was on the patch for about 4 months. While on the patch I never experienced any side effects at all, my body took the patch very well. I decided to switch to seasonale because I didn't want to deal with having a period every month. When I switched, I still didn't have any side effects at all, no spotting either, even till this day. I love being on seasonale.

Closed Thread