It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Generic Seasonale?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2006, 06:21 AM   #1
    Divation
    Veteran
    (female)

Divation HB User
    Generic Seasonale?

There is no generic version of Seasonale. Okay then. But I looked through the list, and I found that Levlen and Nordette have the same amount of ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel that Seasonale has. They also list levora and portia as generic brands of them. Would it be safe to say that if I used those generic brands, that it would essentially have the same effect that Seasonale does? I'm really tired of shelling out the $130 it costs for Seasonale. And I know that Seasonle has alot more pills obviously, but if I buy like 3 packs of those generic brands and use them continuously, it would be the same as Seasonle, right? It also lists Levlen and Nordette as monophasic. I can't find what Seasonle is listed under. Is it monophasic? Any advice?

Last edited by moderator2; 03-18-2006 at 07:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User
    Re: Generic Seasonale?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DivaDevilition
    There is no generic version of Seasonale. Okay then. But I looked through the list, and I found that Levlen and Nordette have the same amount of ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel that Seasonale has. They also list levora and portia as generic brands of them. Would it be safe to say that if I used those generic brands, that it would essentially have the same effect that Seasonale does? I'm really tired of shelling out the $130 it costs for Seasonale. And I know that Seasonle has alot more pills obviously, but if I buy like 3 packs of those generic brands and use them continuously, it would be the same as Seasonle, right? It also lists Levlen and Nordette as monophasic. I can't find what Seasonle is listed under. Is it monophasic? Any advice?

You're correct in that Levlen and Nordette (and their generic counterparts) contain the same hormone combinations as Seasonale. All are monophasic pills. Since the chemicals are identical, the effects on your body should also be identical.

Many women use various monophasic pills as a replacement for Seasonale. You just need to ask your doctor for a new prescription for one of the other brands.

Closed Thread