It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• TriNessa??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
    Deena_05
    (female)

Deena_05 HB User
    TriNessa??

I went to the OB/GYN today to get different BC, I switched from OTC Lo to the generic of Orthotricyclen which is TriNessa. I've heard rumors that it's been recalled but they didn't say anything at the pharmacy about it. Anyway, have any of you heard about that and is it true? Has anyone taken triNessa before and do you think I should?

Is it possible to make a call to the pharmacy and ask them to make the switch from the generic to the name brand?

I haven't started yet, so I want to know before I get myself into a world of ******!

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
    Deena_05
    (female)

Deena_05 HB User
    Re: TriNessa??

Can anyone help?

Old 03-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
    GLSheridan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deena_05
    I went to the OB/GYN today to get different BC, I switched from OTC Lo to the generic of Orthotricyclen which is TriNessa. I've heard rumors that it's been recalled but they didn't say anything at the pharmacy about it. Anyway, have any of you heard about that and is it true? Has anyone taken triNessa before and do you think I should?

Is it possible to make a call to the pharmacy and ask them to make the switch from the generic to the name brand?

I haven't started yet, so I want to know before I get myself into a world of ******!

Thanks!

Some lots of Trinessa were recalled. Your pharmacy probably has lots that were unaffected.

As far as asking them to dispense the generic, that's your right to request the change, as long as you haven't picked up the prescription yet. However, if you have insurance, it's likely that your copayment will be much higher, or the brand may not be covered at all. Insurance companies tend not to cover brand medications when an identical generic is available.

If you've already picked up the prescription, the pharmacy legally can't take it back, but you can ask the pharmacy to dispense the brand when you get your refill.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:34 AM   #4
    ace8484
    (female)

ace8484 HB User

In some states, the prescription must state "no substitution" or "brand name medically necessary" in order for the pharmacy to dispense the brand name instead of the generic. I'm sure the pharmacy will tell you if this is the case.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #5
    electric6
    (female)

electric6 HB User

i was told that trinessa was recalled becuase the experation dates were wrong on the packs. so for fear that they would go bad, they pulled them.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
    skittles42
    (female)

skittles42 HB User

I switched from Yasmin to TriNessa in August 2005, and was told of the recalls. The pharmacist told me that none of their packs were affected, and I had nothing to worry about.

Since starting TriNessa, my face is completely clear.. except for the occasional pimple. I did gain about 5 pounds when
    I started it, but that was probably just because I also started college at the same time. BUT my one complaint of TriNessa is that I tend to spot til about the 3rd day of the new pack. My doctor said nothing is wrong, and that my body is still adjusting to the new pill... or something.

Other than that, I love my TriNessa.

Good Luck!

Old 03-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
    lonik
    Inactive
    (female)

lonik HB User

I was told by my pharmacy there was a problem with the packaging. Hopefuly that is all it was if not please let me now asap.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #8
    Deena_05
    (female)

Deena_05 HB User

My pharmacy gave me the # of Watson. Give them the lot number you have (under the expiration date on the package of pills) and they'll tell you if that was one of the numbers recalled. If not, you're in the clear!

Closed Thread