It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Bleeding for 14 days now

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
    Crystal Clear
    (female)

Crystal Clear HB User
    Question Bleeding for 14 days now

IS it a normal occurance to bleed like this while I'm on BC pills and antibiotics? I am on a low dose combination BCP to help control painful periods. My first pill free week still had me taking pain meds anyway.
    Later on I ended up with a middle ear infection and was put on antibiotics. pennicillan I beleive.
    I started spotting before starting the Abs but I am still breakthrough bleeding with cramps and backache that requires me taking pain meds like ibuprofen and tylenol to help. I'm tired and having my period for two weeks is not fun. Iam still on my antibiotics and taking my BC pills too.
    Maybe BC pills are not good for me. I feel tired, cramps, back pain, flow not going away, awful. What is wrong?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
    Quakes99
    (female)

Quakes99 HB User
    Re: Bleeding for 14 days now

Did you just start b.c.? You should call your doctor who perscribed the b.c. and the antibiotics to make sure there is no interations to worry about. If you just started b.c. ( I assume you told your antibiotic doctor you were on b.c.?) then it is normal to have irregular periods for the first 3 months. It sounds like you are new to b.c. Yes there are horrible sideeffects for the first 3 months, they say thats how long it takes you to adjust to the hormonal change completely, by the 3rd month it should be good.

I take aleve for my cramps. Did you have cramps before b.c.?

If you don't feel right, call your doctor. He/She can answer all your questions.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
    Rebeccas1176
    (female)

Rebeccas1176 HB User
    Re: Bleeding for 14 days now

I'm soo with you girl! I am on day 16 of bleeding now! I know abnormal or "break through" bleeding is supposively "normal" when starting the pill, but jeesh it's crazy!

Hope you feel better soon.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
    Crystal Clear
    (female)

Crystal Clear HB User
    Angry Re: Bleeding for 14 days now

Normal is 7 to14 to 21 days of Breakthrough Bleeding? How can that be normal? Have others had this happen to them? Isn't this extreme? I was on BC many years ago and never once had spotting, no matter what meds I happened to go on. My previous experince with BC pills was nothing like this. I started these Low dose combo pils back in January. Will this eventually quit and then I may be surprised every now and then with more BTB? IS this what I am to face from now on? That seems awful. SOmeone please tell me if this is gonna quit?

Closed Thread