It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Yaz Birth Control

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #136
    michskier01
    (female)

michskier01 HB User
    Re: Yaz Birth Control

An update on myself - I would have started the placebo pills on Monday or Tuesday (I choose not to take them to give myself a break from worrying about it for a few days) - and finally started my period this morning - after normally starting it Sunday night or Monday morning when I was on Mircette. I will be starting a new pack tomorrow. Interested to see how quickly my period ends. I have had some frustrating side effects that I haven't had in years since I was on Mircette such as incredibly sore breasts (I feel like I've gotten a slight glimpse into how sore they get when breastfeeding) and cramping for days prior to starting. From what I've read on here, it does sound like I'm a "normal case", as I was on Mircette as well. I also feel like those who were on birth control before have had a smoother adjustment to Yaz...good luck everyone and stick with it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #137
    uabblazer83
    (female)

uabblazer83 HB User
    Re: Yaz Birth Control

I've got an update as well. I had a rough first month on YAZ with breakthrough bleeding ALL month. But, I'm glad to say that the bleeding has stopped completely. I had my period during the placebo pills, and then the breakthrough bleeding never came back. Hopefully it will stay that way. So, if you're having the same problem with bleeding, just hang in there...I know it's easier said than done, but it does stop.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #138
    jhawk1211
    (female)

jhawk1211 HB User
    Smile Re: Yaz Birth Control

I have never been to this site before and had simply googled YAZ to find out about any side effects that people had experienced and came across this healthboards site. I must say it was interesting reading all of the comments. I did read one though that had experienced similar side effects that I had, but I can't remember who it was. Here is what I've experienced after almost two months of being on this pill.

I have previously taken Ortho-Cept and then Apri tabs which the latter gave me the worst case of non-existent libido that I could ever imagine! I also became excessively dry on that pill so I changed and my doctor recommended YAZ. It's more expensive that I would like but that's all right, sooner or later they will come out with a cheaper version.

In the first month my moisture came back. I have not experienced a high sex drive but I had been on that Apri pill for about 4 years and it may not be completely out of my system yet. I have become more aroused though than in recent years! My fiance is happy about that one! Anyway, I have not experienced the weight gain or loss but I usually don't experience that since I exercise a ton. My period started maybe on the third or fourth white pill then lasted about two days and was over. I haven't had any spotting or breakthrough bleeding so far. I have noticed that I don't have my high highs that I used to have on my previous pill or my low lows for that matter. I'm pretty much even keeled now, possibly a little impatient but that is getting better the longer I'm on it. All in all, I feel a bit more tired than I used to but I'm moving and planning a wedding plus started a new job recently and do a lot in the community so that could be attributed to my tiredness!

I know that we all react to these things differently. I will monitor the weight loss/gain though. I definitely don't want to gain weight on this, especially if I'm getting married in February. Oh, and I haven't experienced any growth in my chest area nor am I experiencing any soreness.

Hope this helps!

Closed Thread