It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Yaz Birth Control

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #31
    Krakhtar
    (female)

Krakhtar HB User
    Re: Yaz Birth Control

Hi, I left a message, I'm having the same problem. Have you gotten any new info? I called and spoke with my pharmacist to find out if this is a usual side effect, he suggested I call my Dr. again on Monday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #32
    dietPepsi51
    (female)

dietPepsi51 HB User

hey, i called my gyno and he said the same thing, "hang in there" it's a lot easier to say when you don't have to deal with it. this two week+ period is driving me insane. they said it sometimes takes 3 cycles for your body to get used to the hormones. i would prefer not to bleed my entire summer. i don't know. it sucks. "hang in there" i'll be there with you!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #33
    eb2000
    (female)

eb2000 HB User

hey randomuser....i got mine on the 3rd white pill day. this was also my first month on yaz.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #34
    YGarza
    (female)

YGarza HB User

I had the same problem. I started taking Yaz in May. I finished the last active pill on a Tuesday and didn't get my period until Sunday and it was mostly just spotting at first. My period lasted until about Wednesday, but it was really light the whole time. I wouldn't worry about it if you took the pill everyday.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:16 AM   #35
    Hideout
    Inactive

Hideout HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 21_cnp
    My doctor had samples in her office and she gave me two packs that will last two months. But like I said in my first post, she said studies have shown that it shows people losing weight on it. I will let everyone know how I am doing on it in a few weeks.
    What studies? There are NO studies that show you lose weight with this pill. Actually, there is significant weight gain after a year. Also, after a year, a lot of women lose a lot of their hair not to mention their libido and increased mood swings and irratibility.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #36
    dietPepsi51
    (female)

dietPepsi51 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hideout
    What studies? There are NO studies that show you lose weight with this pill. Actually, there is significant weight gain after a year. Also, after a year, a lot of women lose a lot of their hair not to mention their libido and increased mood swings and irratibility.
    now how do you know that? does anybody have any qualified statistics or actual facts about this drug? i feel like we're just throwing ideas and rumors around. i've been on it for three weeks. i've been bleeding for those three weeks. that'll increase anybody's irratibility, decrease libido or any kind of sex life, and make them want to pull their hair out! so if you're really that concerned about your weight...EXCERCISE.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #37
    ace8484
    (female)

ace8484 HB User

If you go to the FDA website and search thier drug database for YAZ you can read the official label information, which is what is approved by the FDA. This contains the package insert(for the patient) and prescribing information(for the doctor). Heres the site:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.Label_Approv alHistory#apphist

Old 06-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #38
    sunsweetened
    (female)

sunsweetened HB User

hey, in response to the posts about break-through bleeding...I have been taking yasmin for about 7 months now and it happened one time about 3 months into it. It sounds alot worse than it actually turned out to be. It was very minimal, I almost didnt even notice. Lasted for about 1 day.

I am switching to yaz this month because of the 4-day placebo. if it continues to work like the yasmin pill then you should expect to get your period about the 2nd day into the white pills and it should end just a bit after you start the next pack.

p.s. my boobs are definately bigger from when I started the pill!

Old 06-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #39
    elina0324
    (female)

elina0324 HB User

Hey, I'm new to these boards , so please bare with me . I was wondering how many people noticed weight gain/loss? Any other major side effects? Thanks!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #40
    newbie1984

newbie1984 HB User

I am confused as to how this pill could have shown a significant weight gain in trials and still consist of the same components of the Yasmin pill (same kind of progestin that caused the diuretic effect) except for the lower dose of estrogen. Furthermore, I believe this pill would have a hard time getting approval if the studies showed significant weight GAIN. At this point, as people have been using it for a couple of months now, I think it might be more valuable to hear what people have been experiencing. Last thing, even if people exercise, a shift in their hormone balance can still cause them to gain weight in conjunction with good exercise and dietary habits. So for those of you who have kept your habits relatively the same since starting the YAZ pill, you should post about your experience with YAZ side effects (specifically weight gain/loss? as this seems to be a repeated concern)

Old 06-07-2006, 07:40 AM   #41
    elina0324
    (female)

elina0324 HB User

I totally agree with your thinking, I too was on Yasmin for 2 years and have gained weight from it and was very irratible and moody and had difficulty sleeping or wearing lenses! I felt like I was depressed all the time, so I don't want to go through this again especially if it means to gain weight! But form reading the paper in the Yaz box it says that one of the side effects is WEIGHT GAIN! Please someone let me know, preferrably one who has been on it for some time! Also would like to know if it helps with clearing up your skin the way Yasmin did! Thanks to all!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #42
    Melikechili09
    (male)

Melikechili09 HB User

I'm only on my second week so i'm not really sure if i'll have weight gain. So far I haven't experienced any. I was wondering if anyone is on "Womens One a Day" with YAZ? I'm not sure if it's okay to take together. I'm pretty sure it is but I"d like to hear what other ppl think about this.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #43
    elina0324
    (female)

elina0324 HB User

has Yaz helped with clearing ur skin up?

Old 06-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #44
    shannonrae
    (female)

shannonrae HB User

I just finished my first cycle on the Yaz pill and I lost weight about 5 lbs, but toward the end of the pack I started spotting. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any spotting while taking it. I also have very bad periods with heavy bleeding and extreme mood swings and migraines. I have not experienced any of those symptoms with this pill. I just hope my body adjusts to them and the spotting stops.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #45
    uabblazer83
    (female)

uabblazer83 HB User

I JUST started taking YAZ...I'll take the fourth pill tonight. So, it's a little too early for me to tell anything. I've just been VERY sleepy...I get really tired mid-day, and I have trouble getting up in the morning. Anyone else experiencing this?

Closed Thread