It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• missed pill

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
    leggomyeggo

leggomyeggo HB User
    missed pill

Ok, on Friday, my girlfriend forgot her pill, and we had sex and i ejaculated inside her, after previously ejaculating about 30 minutes before. She subsequently forgot her pill on Saturday, as well as Sunday, but took four pills (a mistake in retrospect) on Monday. I was wondering what are the chances she would become pregnant. Shes about halfway through the package, and her periods in about 7 or 8 days.
    I am slightly worried.

Thanks for your time,
    mike.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
    MommaBee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MommaBee HB User
    Re: missed pill

If you knew she had forgotten to take it BEFORE you had sex, then YOU should have used a condom. You should ALWAYS have a condom on hand for emergencies like this if you don't want to have kids. It is just that simple.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
    leggomyeggo

leggomyeggo HB User

I know that now. Its a terrible way to learn a lesson, but I had thought she had taken the pill. Shes been on the pill for about 5 months. I was now wondering if she is pregnant. Its not a matter of using back-up contracetpives.

thanks.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:09 AM   #4
    lovethoscurls
    Veteran
    (female)

lovethoscurls HB User

It is possible but I would say unlikely. How long has she been on the pill?

Old 04-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #5
    leggomyeggo

leggomyeggo HB User

about 5 months.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
    omalll
    (female)

omalll HB User

If you miss 2 pills in a row or more you can get pregnant, no matter how long you've been on the pill. Since she missed 3 in a row, she could get pregnant. Taking 4 at a time isnt proven to act as emergency contraception unless she's taking Alesse (or another pill that has "levonogestrel" as its progesterone hormone). The only emergency contraception approved by the FDA is 2 doses of 0.75mg of levonogestrel taken 12 hours apart. And even then, taking emergency contraception must be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex in order to be effective. (Do you know the name of the pill she takes?)
    Obviously, theres nothing you can do now but wait, unfortunately. A pregnancy test wont be accurate this early, either. She should follow the instructions included in her pill packet to see what she should do if she missed 3 pills in a row.
    I wish I could say the chances are slim she wont get pregnant, but there arent any statistics that give the chances of pregnancy for this situation, so theres no way to say for sure.
    Just incase something like this happens again, I think its a good idea for her to get a prescription for Plan B, which is the "morning after pill". Its NOT an abortion pill (there is an abotion pill, but it is a completely different drug, but the morning after pill WONT induce a miscarriage if she is already pregnant), but it will keep a fertillized from being implanted in the uterus, and hence, no pregnancy. You can get a prescription for this at any Planned Parenthood, or probably any health clinic.
    good luck

Old 04-19-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
    leggomyeggo

leggomyeggo HB User

She is taking estra or estostep. But when she took 4 pills at a time, she puked and felt sick that day. She has taken two pills since at her regular 3 pm time. The website said discontinue use until 7 days after the day we were on, which happened to be about day 14. Now the point of all this information is just to give more specifics so I can be either reassured or dismayed. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by leggomyeggo; 04-19-2006 at 10:26 PM.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #8
    leggomyeggo

leggomyeggo HB User

Good news. As of today, my girlfriend saw some 'traces' of a period, with scattered spotting. I am not sure if this means we are in the clear, but I am reasonably sure it isnt a negative sign. Thanks for the help.

Closed Thread