It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Nuvaring Irritation/Dryness for Entire Week

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
    Sophia917
    (female)

Sophia917 HB User
    Nuvaring Irritation/Dryness for Entire Week

I posted before, mentioning that in my 3rd week (first cycle) on Nuvaring, I started having an unpleasant irritation. I took the ring out, had my period, put it back in, and, pretty much throughout, the irritation hasn't gone away. It was a little better when the ring was out, but now it's back. My bf and I have had sex a few times in the last week, but after awhile it gets really unpleasant and kind of painful (definitely impossible for me to orgasm), even though we use lubricant. I am thinking about getting a vaginal lubricant like Replens or Lubrin, which are recommended for pre-menopausal women who have these symptoms (I am 24, so this is definitely not an option). Anyway, my other side effects seem to be fading (constantly hungry and major depression), although, I've still been easily upset and emotional. Hopefully, this will fade in time. But, if anyone has any advice as far as the dryness/irritation goes, that would be great. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
    abrand
    (female)

abrand HB User
    Re: Nuvaring Irritation/Dryness for Entire Week

I just went to my OB/GYN today & took my ring out! I had these problems and worse. Mine actually rubbed a sore up there and I now have an infection which has caused a bad UTI. I also began having chest pains.

If you are beginning to have irritation & dryness I would take it out & switch methods. My problems started out like that. I think I am going to try Yaz now.

Closed Thread