It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Period for Whole Month

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
    melony_g87
    (female)

melony_g87 HB User
    Red face Period for Whole Month

Okay, so this is the story...

I started Birth control in July of 2005, it was going fine, sure I'd miss a pill every now and again but I'd always make sure to get it in when I was supposed to (within the few hours or within the 12 hour thing). In January things started to get weird, I started spotting. But I didn't get my full period, untill February and march, I had started spotting 2 weeks before I was supposed to get my period... The spotting became the real thing, only it looked weird... It looked lifeless... But then I started the last row of pills and it looked better... My period stopped for maybe a week and a few days, and again I had a 3 week long period... I stopped use immediately, and called my doctor.

In April, He started me on a new type of birth control, I was on ortho tri cyclen lo, I am supposed to be on ortho-novum, but heres how it goes... I started my period on a monday, and it ended on thrusday (I love how short it is without the birth control, sometimes like 3 days), so I started the new birth control on sunday, I was on it for a week, and then I started my period again... Is there something really wrong with me or is it the birth control?!?!?!?!?! I'm so confussed, I've heard that there are problems with the walls of the uterus getting to thick on birth Control and so you continue to bleed, could that be it?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2006, 04:52 AM   #2
    shlindz
    (female)

shlindz HB User
    Re: Period for Whole Month

I don't think I can help, but I do empathise with you. I started taking Minestrin on the first day of my last period, wich was a month ago. Doc said thats how he wanted me to start taking these new pills. I was on Tri-cyclen Lo, but they were definately wrong for me. Anyways, I keep taking the pills and a week goes by but period still there, then 2 weeks, then 3 weeks. I am no on the "fake" pills when period is supposed to start, and it stops! Boy is my body screwed up. I'v got 5 days of the "fake" pills left before I start a new pack. I'm definately calling my doc if period starts up again when I start the real pills again. Thats my story. Keep me informed about what your doc says. I know it takes a couple months for pills to organize things in your body, but this is ridiculous. I don't have another appt with my doc till end of June. Good luck and hope to hear from ya.

Closed Thread