It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

How many have had breast tenderness on microgestin?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2006, 06:57 AM   #1
Ar101
(female)

Ar101 HB User
How many have had breast tenderness on microgestin?

Hi ya'll,

I started microgestin (first time I've ever been on a bc pill) back in April. For the first 3 1/2 months, I had little to no side effects. Some occasional nausea, but nothing more.

Suddenly, part way through my 4th pack, my breasts became very tender. Not *painful*, but definately sore. This freaked me out wonderdering if I could be pregnant. I spent a week and a half worrying, then I started my period and that was a relief. There was no tenderness during that week.

Now, just a few days after starting a new pack of pills, the tenderness icame back, this time even worse. I suppose this is a side effect of the microgestin that is just now showing up. Still, it causes me much anxiety since I know it is also a pregnancy sign.

I went to the doctor the other day and she said the chances of me being pregnant were very low (I take my pills PERFECTLY) and that she was switching me to Kariva.

Has anyone experienced breast tenderness on microgestin? And has anyone used both microgestin and kariva and can tell me if they noticed any differences? Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
BluEyez1031
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Re: How many have had breast tenderness on microgestin?

Hmm, interesting, I'm taking Microgestin fe 1/20 and the first 3 1/2 months were the time I DID get side effects. And yes, one of them included breast tenderness during my period. No fun! My side effects were so bad (mood swings, breast tenderness, bad breakouts during my period, spotting, the works!) that I was about to switch birth control brands, but after the fourth month the side effects stopped. I've been fine now, and don't have any complaints about it.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
lily931
(female)

lily931 HB User
Re: How many have had breast tenderness on microgestin?

i take Microgestin fe 1/20 and the only side effects i have noticed so far, was the first month my face was pretty oily, and i got maybe 2 zits... but that went away after the first month. i also have some breast tenderness the week before i start my period.. but the pain isn't unbareable. it is uncomfortable at night, and i found sleeping with a sports bra on helps.

Closed Thread