It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Ortho Cyclen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
    lmp06
    (female)

lmp06 HB User
    Ortho Cyclen

I've been on Ortho Tricyclen in the past, but recently I went griping to my gyno because all the sudden, my period has begun lasting a month with spotting after, and I have had yeast problems for a year. She put me on Ortho Cyclen a month and a half ago and it's supposed to give me only 4 periods a year. I had my period for the first pack and a half of the BC and I'm still spotting. I'm TERRIFIED in 2 weeks I'll be getting another month long period!

Have any of you tried Ortho Cyclen? How did you feel mentally/physically while on it? Did it help with your periods? Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
    lmp06
    (female)

lmp06 HB User
    Re: Ortho Cyclen

Bumping to see if anybody has used Ortho Cyclen...

Old 09-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
    LadyMirabelle
    (female)

LadyMirabelle HB User

I haven't used Ortho Cyclen... but I just wanted to comment on the spotting. I am assuming your doctor told you to take the pills continuously for three months, and then stop using it for a week to get your period? (that's how you would be achieving the four periods a year). For this reason, you need to use a monophasic pill like Ortho Cyclen and not a triphasic pill like Ortho Tri-Cyclen (I know you probably already know this).

Your body might be getting used to the pill, and to taking the hormones continuously, without a break. But, since you were on Ortho Tri-Cyclen, which is essentially the same except for the integrated doses of hormones, I am thinking that maybe the continuous bleeding is because your body is sick of this pill...maybe talk to your doctor about switching to a different one...

Please don't be terrified. Your situation is unpleasant and inconvenient, but you know that the continuous bleeding/spotting is related to your birth control...the endometrium can be difficult to control (more difficult than stopping ovulation, birth control's primary purpose), and it's probably become less responsive to the hormones in your pill, that's all.

Good luck,
    Mirabelle

Old 10-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #4
    lmp06
    (female)

lmp06 HB User

It's been a couple years since I took Ortho Tricyclen and the periods that lasted a month happened prior to me getting on Ortho Cyclen, just recently. That's why she put me on BC was to hopefully help the long bleeding. So I do know it wasn't related to BC, I hadn't been on any for quite some time.

I asked about Ortho Cyclen mostly just because I'm scared it won't work and I'm not sure if a BC pill such as this will do anything for my constant yeast infections either. I've been trying not to let myself think about what might be wrong with me to be causing such long periods and yeast infections. Just a little stressy.

But thank you so much for your reply and input in my situation!

Closed Thread