It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• When should spotting stop?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-26-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
    Katy5
    (female)

Katy5 HB User
    When should spotting stop?

I'm 3 days into my 3rd month on Ortho Tri Cyclen-lo. The first month I had no spotting, the 2nd month I had really bad spotting between the time of ending the placebo pills-hormonal pills again (it stopped about 4 days into the hormonal pills again) This 3rd month the first day of the hormonal pills was fine, a very small amount at nighttime, nothing the 2nd day, and then today on the 3rd day of being back on the hormonal pills I've had quite a bit of spotting again. Is it strange that I didn't have any the day before, but then all of a sudden gotten it on the 3rd day? And I haven't missed any pills so it's definitley not that.

I just want to make sure that even with spotting the pills are still working correctly. Plus I heard that if you're still experiencing this in your 3rd month a different pill may be needed.

Last edited by Katy5; 09-26-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
    Bracelet
    Inactive
    (female)

Bracelet HB User
    Re: When should spotting stop?

Yeah, it's true that if you experience continued spotting, you should probably try another pill. That's what everyone will probably tell you.

But if you try a lot of different brands and find that you keep having spotting, then you might just be one of those women who don't tolerate fake hormones. And you'll have to find a non-hormonal contraceptive method instead, which is a lot healthier for you in the long run, anyway.

Closed Thread