It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Trinessa vs. TriSprintec?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
    swatsd
    (female)

swatsd HB User
    Trinessa vs. TriSprintec?

I have been taking TriSprintec for 3 months now (to prevent pregnancy) and have had no problems. I recently switched insurance plans and now they are giving me Trinessa. Does this make a difference? Should I not start taking it until I talk to my doctor? (I only have 4 days left of my TriSprintec before I run out, then i either have to take the trinessa or go off of the pill for a month until I talk to my doctor) Has anyone ever switched from TriSprintec to Trinessa? Any bad consequesnces? Please Help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
    volgirl73
    (female)

volgirl73 HB User
    Re: Trinessa vs. TriSprintec?

Hi-
    I was on Tri Sprintec and then switched to Necon( which was absolutely horrible) and then they gave me Tri Nessa. The TriSprinec and TriNessa are basically the same-- I have had no problems on either one of them. I am currently on Tri Nessa and the only complaint I have is that I am a little meaner (Which everyone says is a good thing because I am way too nice..lol) Hope this helps

Old 05-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
    DaBean
    (female)

DaBean HB User

I was on Trinessa until CVS decided not to carry it anymore. So they switched me to Tri-Sprintec. So far my mood swings have been a little more but this is only the first week of me being on it too. But, I did know a difference. CVS told me that there was no difference so it just might be my body getting used to it.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
    ngwife
    (female)

ngwife HB User

I took OthroTriCyclen for about 5 years from Health Dept when I was in college, then I was switched to OthroTriCyclen LO from my OBGYN and had a period for a month. So I asked to switch back bc I was doing great on regular othro tri cylcen, when I went my insurance only paid for trinessa, and it worked great. I switch pharmacy due to where I worked and they only carry trisprintec, I have been taking it for 5 days and I am thinking I am reacting badly to it. I have been nasuea everyday and depressed. I am hoping it will get better or I have gonna have to do something about it.

I know that it not really help, but thought I would tell you what I have been going through. I think everyone's body reacts different to different medience, so you maybe okay!

Closed Thread