It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

tubes tied and got pregnant dont know what next

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
mandy.
(female)

mandy. HB User
Question tubes tied and got pregnant dont know what next

I had a tubal laparoscopy in october 1999 after my 3rd child as i didn't want anymore. and then in march 2005 I started feeling sick and missed a period I just went to my family planning clinic to have a chat I put it down to being over tired and doing to much, they said they'd do a pregnancy test theres no chance I could be pregnant but we'll do one just to rule that out . When she came back in I knew by the look on her face what the result was Ye I was officially pregnant I had my forth baby in November last year and definately don't want any more I just don't know what to trust is there anything any one can recommend to me I thought getting my tubes tied was pretty reliable as it has a 99.9% success rate guess i'm that.1% I wouldn't do with out him now though he's my miracle baby mandy

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-17-2006 at 04:27 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to mandy.:
rainbowbright30 (08-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #2
~*Michelle*~
(female)

~*Michelle*~ HB User
Re: tubes tied and got pregnant dont know what next

WOW all i can say is that must of been meant to happen. Although ive heard of that happening. I think they just clamp them but years ago they would cut and burn them and then theres no chance of pregnancy at all. i thought with a tubal only ectopic pregnancys occur but apparently not.

Another option is for your husband or b/f a vasectomy is supposed to be highly effective and its a simple surgery. theres not much pain involved and its a one day thing he would in and out of the hospital within hours.

Depo is effective BUT there are so many bad side effects..i am on it now and i am due for another shot which i am not getting. I "FEEL" pregnant ive taken 3 tests all negative but something isnt right. ive lost large amounts of hair and i am now beginning to gain quite a bit of weight. Alot of people on here told me about how bad it was and i didnt believe them. i was doing good with it up until a month ago. I started having panic attacks also. But i just wanted to clue you in on how bad depo is becoming so you just dont get it without knowing what its gonna do.

A friend of mine highly recomends the ring and a IUD is another good option.As for a pill as long as you can remember to take it on time then thats another option but some side effects are gonna take place. they may wear off but they may not and even if you were to stop taking them the side effects may not go away. The pill is known to cause headaches, sickness, moodiness and loss of sex drive (which has happened to me and quite a few others). They do have this new type out well dont know if its new but its implanted in your shoulder or somewhere. i dont know what the effects are of it though.

Go to you clinic and ask them about the ring and an iud. I know a few people with an iud and they have had good luck with it.

I can understand how you feel about being scared im the same way and sometimes i wonder if thats why my sex drive has dwindled down. because i think "If i dont have sex i cant get pregnant" lol my fiance is going in for a vasectomy. BUT its a tough decision to make to think about it.

Good luck and keep us posted

Old 11-15-2006, 08:38 AM   #3
mandy.
(female)

mandy. HB User

I am on depo at moment have been since i had my baby luckily I havn't had any side effects as of yet before I got my tubes tied I was on depo for about 3 years and it seemed ok then too I think i'll stick with it for a while until I can talk my other half round into having a vesect I think its the least he can do. I think its damaged me in some way I am scared of getting pregnant so have gone off sex and this is effecting my relationship people say " its not that bad if you get pregnant again you can always get rid of it" but i'm one of those people that no matter how many times I get pregnant I couldn't do that. thanks for advice Michelle ta mandy

Old 11-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #4
Kikki
(female)

Kikki HB User

Yikes. Be careful on Depo, particularly since you have been on it before and for so long. Many doctors only recommend using it for a maximum of 2 years because it causes a lot of demineralization of bone, which can very well cause you a lot of problems as you age. Everyone experiences the bone loss, but it increases over time, so I would be concerned that if you have been on it that long before, you have enough bone loss that at this point you would want to avoid Depo all together. I would talk to a gyno about figuring out why the tubal failed this time and consider having those things actually cut between the clamps, or try an IUD. I know the point of having the tubal is to avoid BCPs, their side effects and their hassle, so saying just take BCPs is not the best answer. But I would definately make this past Depo shot my last if I were you.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #5
skipskicker
(female)

skipskicker HB User

Where did you get your tubes tied? Im not sure if youve delt with it, but i would be talkin to whoever did your procedure. I am amazed that you not only got pregnant but carried a healhthy baby- did they even tie you up right? would they be willing to do it again? i would also reccomend the male getting a vasectomy and maybe even you going on the pill too. I guess you really neeed every base covered you can! Godbless you

Old 11-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #6
mandy.
(female)

mandy. HB User

I got my tubes tied at a hospital near me, lots of people i know got it done by the same surgeon and it was a success. As for seeing what went wrong they told me the only way to do this properly is to have a operation and this will result in me having a wound inside, which will scar and nobody will see, but a scar of about 6-9 incches on the outside. And this scares me. As for going on the pill I have tried many different types and because i suffer from migraines the doc said the pill isn't right for me.
mandy

Old 11-16-2006, 06:45 AM   #7
~*Michelle*~
(female)

~*Michelle*~ HB User

Mandy

I too suffer from migraines. i went to the clinic yesterday because i was due for another shot and i discussed other bc options but theres none i can take either becuase of the migraines. My migraines are caused from a pinched nerve in head (im assuming from my neck) and she said if i get on any type of bc with estrogen im gonna get a bout of regular migraines so that means i would have 2 types of head ache at once. NO WAY!! Do you know why you are getting migraines? im supposed to see a neurologist for tests but i dont have insurance yet. chiropractor is the one that found my c-2 and c-3 out of place and my c-2 is actually out do far i can feel it sticking out of the back of my neck. So many people on the spinal board have told me not to let a chiro touch me but hes been incredible and has helped me so much so in spite what others say i still go to him. Migraines are awful i dont want them. Im on Lyrica right now and normally i would have migraines EVERY day and since ive been on lyrica i only get them about 1 a week sometimes every couple weeks. im on the lowest dosage so i may need to go a bit higher and it would probably end them all together atleat until i find out whats really wrong. As for the iud i suggested that may be the best route but please ask questions talk to your dr about it in depth. there are "things" that can happen with those also. I think the only thing thats gonna get you back on track is if he goes for the vasectomy. you have had 4 kids. now its his turn to contribute HAHA...My fiance is because its starting to put a damper on things..the fear...i dont know what i would do if i got pregnant again. I wouldnt mind that much but just not now.

Old 11-17-2006, 12:49 AM   #8
mandy.
(female)

mandy. HB User

hi Michelle no we havn't yet found a cause for my migraines I am currently under supervision of a neurologist trying to figure it out. I take topamax for them at the moment just waiting to up my dose on them. I agree with you I think my hubby should contribute and have a vasectomy, but he,s "scared" I was bloody scared when i found out I was pregnant, and I will be terrified if I get pregnant again. I think I'll have to twist his arm a bit on this one or maybe even break it!! lol only joking! I think the worry of this maybe making the migraines worse they do say stress is one of the causes dont they thanks michelle
mandy

Old 11-17-2006, 06:59 AM   #9
~*Michelle*~
(female)

~*Michelle*~ HB User

Hi Mandy

How are you doing on the topamax? I was on that and it made me go crazy. they took me off it within a month. It caused severe anxiety and i have never dealt with anxiety before. If you notice my other posts from months ago you can tell something was wrong. Every disease out there i was convinced i had! it was horrible. I have never gone to the dr for anything before (except to have babies) but when i was on topamax i was there once a week and plus there was a few ER visits. I hope its working well for you.

I do know topamax can interact with birth control so be sure to tell your dr you are taking it so he can check on other methods that wont interact with the topamax.

I just got insurance yesterday (YIPPPEEE) so ill be going to see a neurologist soon. I know something isnt right. have you ever had a brain freeze (sudden pain when you drink something cold?) well thats what my migrains are. its a constant non stop brain freeze! its awful and it only effects my left side temple and eye. When they get so intense i just lay there and cry like a baby. I used to think i could tolerate pain especially after having 2 children with no pain meds and one of them was 9 pounds. but this is a pain i cannot tolerate. hopefully the end of them will be close when we know whats wrong.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:41 AM   #10
mandy.
(female)

mandy. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Michelle*~
Hi Mandy

How are you doing on the topamax? I was on that and it made me go crazy. they took me off it within a month. It caused severe anxiety and i have never dealt with anxiety before. If you notice my other posts from months ago you can tell something was wrong. Every disease out there i was convinced i had! it was horrible. I have never gone to the dr for anything before (except to have babies) but when i was on topamax i was there once a week and plus there was a few ER visits. I hope its working well for you.

I do know topamax can interact with birth control so be sure to tell your dr you are taking it so he can check on other methods that wont interact with the topamax.

I just got insurance yesterday (YIPPPEEE) so ill be going to see a neurologist soon. I know something isnt right. have you ever had a brain freeze (sudden pain when you drink something cold?) well thats what my migrains are. its a constant non stop brain freeze! its awful and it only effects my left side temple and eye. When they get so intense i just lay there and cry like a baby. I used to think i could tolerate pain especially after having 2 children with no pain meds and one of them was 9 pounds. but this is a pain i cannot tolerate. hopefully the end of them will be close when we know whats wrong.
I'm ok off topamax upto now only been on them 8 months though. the only side effects I've had are pins and needles in my hands feet and lips. and sudden weight loss of a stone in 8 month ( but I needed that after having 4 kiddies lol) My migraines are right sided it gets worse as day goes on by the end of the day I cant see out of my R/eye proper and if I bend or move suddenly its like a thunder storm going off in my head!!! I wasn't told topamax can mess with birth control I'm on depo hope it does'nt effect this better speak with my doc and see Dont want any more babies as much as I love em mandy

Old 11-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #11
havetohaveone
(female)

havetohaveone HB User
Unhappy Re: tubes tied and got pregnant dont know what next

I hate to say it but I wish I could have a nother one I did get my tubes tied back in 1999.After I had my daughter but I wish that I had not done so I want a nother one. My sister had her tubs tied & became PG. After that pluse my step mother had the same thing. & one o f my good friends had the same thing happen to them & I have a good friend that is now PG after her tubes being tied. I just wish I could be one of them girls that got PG. Any way you are not alone. I pray every night that I want a baby but so far nothing. Oh will

Old 11-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #12
mandy.
(female)

mandy. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by havetohaveone
I hate to say it but I wish I could have a nother one I did get my tubes tied back in 1999.After I had my daughter but I wish that I had not done so I want a nother one. My sister had her tubs tied & became PG. After that pluse my step mother had the same thing. & one o f my good friends had the same thing happen to them & I have a good friend that is now PG after her tubes being tied. I just wish I could be one of them girls that got PG. Any way you are not alone. I pray every night that I want a baby but so far nothing. Oh will
its good to know i'm not the only one that its happened to. What contraception do your friends and relatives use now I dont know what to trust? Im sorry to hear you want another child but cant is there no way you can have a reversal? did you have them burnt or clipped? mandy

Old 11-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #13
~*Michelle*~
(female)

~*Michelle*~ HB User

Mandy

Have you ever had your neck looked at? you may have pinched nerves especially if its onesided and affecting your eye. The trimangel nerve can get triggered and it controls your neck temple and side of head and optic nerves.

I dont think topamax affects depo. i think its just any BC pill it intereacts with becuase they are both taken orally but like you said maybe you better speak with the dr about to be sure.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:06 AM   #14
mandy.
(female)

mandy. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Michelle*~
Mandy

Have you ever had your neck looked at? you may have pinched nerves especially if its onesided and affecting your eye. The trimangel nerve can get triggered and it controls your neck temple and side of head and optic nerves.

I dont think topamax affects depo. i think its just any BC pill it intereacts with becuase they are both taken orally but like you said maybe you better speak with the dr about to be sure.
Michelle yes I have had my neck looked at its nothing to do with my neck I thought that too. They think its some form of epilepsy now in a form of a migraine? so there doing tests for that. my sons got epilepsy so I think there just jumping at guns! I've never heard of epilepsy in the form of a migraine.They have now put me on 100mg of topamax twice a day lets see if that works. As for topamax interfering with depo your right I spoke with my doc yesterday they said i'm safe it doesn't effect it phew!! Mandy

Old 12-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #15
teacher2be
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

Just to let you know havetohaveone I had my tubes tied in Feb 2006 and I deeply regret it too. I regret it because I have alot of pain from it and I possibly in future want another child. It breaks my heart when I think about it. I had the surgery 7 weeks after my 3rd child was born, which is not a good time. I was tired and overwhelemd and thought, "there is no way I want another one." Everyone says don't do tubal reversal because it causes scar tissue and more pain. So maybe we will be lucky and have a miracle baby.

Closed Thread