It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Going off ortho lo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
    wickedjenny84
    (female)

wickedjenny84 HB User
    Question Going off ortho lo

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you can relate to my situation and give me a few pointers. I went on ortho tri cyclin lo when I was 20 and I am 22 now. I was probably 15 lbs less and had very clear skin before I started taking the pill. Now my skin is not terrible but I always have problem spots and it is usually worse before I get my period. I went on the pill for protection but more because of the fact that I had terrible periods that lasted around 7 days, horrible cramps and back aches, very bad pms (depression when I never usually am depresse), headaches before periods, and also I would go anywhere from 22-40 days between cycles. I was in college when I started so my lifestyle was very different than it is now that I am in the working world and graduated. I feel that I should give my body a break since I've been on it for over 2 years. I also will not be needing it for protection anymore so that is not a worry. I am going to finish my pack (one more day before sugar pills) and then not buy a new one. I have not consulted my doctor either. I have not really had any bad experiences on ortho lo but I would like to lose the excess weight I've gained (I just joined the gym again also) and clear up my skin (which I believe ortho lo cause) and also just get my body off of the hormones for awhile. Thank you all in advance for your help!!
    -Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread