It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Missed Pills, What are the chances??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
megatron10
(female)

megatron10 HB User
Question Missed Pills, What are the chances??

Just curious if someone could shed some light on my situation. I've been on the pill for 7 years now (omg thats long!) and yet I still seem to forget to take them sometimes, it's been especially bad this month due to exams and school and work, and well all the lovely things in life! My doctor has already talked to me about other methods where I am very forgetful, but I'm not really to kean on any of them, so we decided to stick with the pill, I usually just set a little alarm to go off. Anyways to my point, I missed the last 3 pills in my pack (21 day), so i took them all at the same time, aaaaaaand I had sex that night, yes stupid me, things just seem to happen when drinking gets involved, so now Im kinda stressed out. Wondering if I should get the morning after pill, or not. Just wondering what are the chances of me getting pregnant due to my screw up, if anyone could help in anyway that would be perfect.
Thanks,
Meg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
combatrock
(female)

combatrock HB User
Re: Missed Pills, What are the chances??

i am by no means an expert, but since nobody else has replied i would say...take it! if you miss even two you are supposed to start a new pack and can become pregnant if you have sex in the seven days afterwards. so you are at risk. take the morning after pill asap because i believe it is more effective the sooner you take it! good luck!

Old 11-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
feetprints
(female)

feetprints HB User

I'm pregnant and I only missed one pill.
I had long thrown away the little packet with the instructions on what to do if one pill is missed (take 2 the next day) so I just kept taking them as i normally would have. and I figured I was okay, since the date I missed the pill was 2 days AFTER I had sex. I really should have done my homework on conception & contraception before I put all my faith in it.

so, yeah. Just take 2 pills the day after you miss one. use condoms for a week or two along w/ the pill just to be sure. You're probably fine; some women spend years trying to get pregnant, when other women (like me) who weren't planning it at all get pregnant right off the bat. Ironic isn't it.
I'd keep a home pregnancy test around for the future, just in case.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
tUrRrRa
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I would get the morning after pill. The booklet for my pill says that if you miss one pill, you don't need to use a backup method (this isn't true for ALL pills of course), but if you miss 2 or more you need to use a backup method for about a week. So I would definitely get the morning after pill if you are worried about that!

Closed Thread