It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Sugar pills start tomorrow, period today?!?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
barma
(female)

barma HB User
Sugar pills start tomorrow, period today?!?

Help! I'm on ortho tri cyclen lo. Third month. First two were completely fine. This month there's been some light spotting/cramping then today my period kind of starts (real light) but the sugar pills don't start until tomorrow. What's the deal? I'm also feeling sick at my stomach and light headed.

I take my pills pretty much the same time every night (within a 30 minute time frame, at the most). The only thing that has changed is that I'm on psychiatric drugs and one (seroquel) has been increased quite a bit in the last week. Could that have affected it?

I'm kind of freaked and also... this is just plain annoying! Usually it wouldn't start until like 4 days from now and even then it would be super light!

Anybody?? Do I just count this as a really weird cycle and hope the next one is better? I mean I've really like ortho lo up until now. The only side effect I've had is my boobs have gotten a little bigger which is good for an A cup, haha.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 05:18 AM   #2
FromSqueaky
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Sugar pills start tomorrow, period today?!?

It's fine you are still getting use to the hormones in the pill. You have add hormones so your body will not function as it use to. There is no telling how your body will adjust to the pill. You may or may not start as you use to. The flow can change too.

It's ok to start bleeing before your last pill. I've done it before and I've not had my period till the I was half way through the first week on a new pack. it should not happen every month but once in a while if your bleed before or after you are suppose to it's no big deal.

Closed Thread