It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• ortho tri cyclen lo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
    deeflutter25
    Inactive
    (female)

deeflutter25 HB User
    ortho tri cyclen lo

I'm new to this birth control thing. Whats the point of the green pills if there are no hormones in them? Sorry for spelling. Also if anyone is on this how do you like it? I'm nervious about the weight gain. I just busted my hump to lose 42 pounds. I don't want to see it again. Thanx for your help ladies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
    rdinus
    (female)

rdinus HB User
    Re: ortho tri cyclen lo

The green pills is when you have your pill period. The lack of hormones is what causes the bleed.
    As for the weight gain everyone reacts different. I personally have lost weight on this pill, but others have gained. I would recommend it. I love it.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
    Longview
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Longview HB User

The point of the green pills are just reminders to keep taking your pills once you start your active ones again. I was on this pill for over a year, i liked it ..it really helped my skin but i gained about 30 pounds from it. its true everyone reacts different, i havent really lost the weight but now the doc put me on yasmin to keep my weight steadily. it seems to be working and ive been on yasmin for over a year now too and i love it also.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
    deeflutter25
    Inactive
    (female)

deeflutter25 HB User

thank you ladies. ur the best

Old 07-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
    MoonLight0
    Inactive
    (female)

MoonLight0 HB User

I gained about 10lbs on the pill and it caused mood issues so I couldn't handle it anymore. After two years I quit (in March). I've been off it almost 5 months now, haven't lost any of the weight but at least my mood is way better than it used to be.
    I'm glad I quit and will definitely never take another bc pill again.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
    x3lewisgina
    (female)

x3lewisgina HB User

I've always liked the pill. The green ones are just sugar pills and a reminder to keep taking them. I don't usually take them and just start back with the regular pills the next Sunday.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #7
    bjz823
    (female)

bjz823 HB User

I don't like the pill. I have been on several. Depression, lack of sex drive and spikes in my blood pressure are the reasons I need to find other bc.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
    deeflutter25
    Inactive
    (female)

deeflutter25 HB User

so when u hit the green pills ur suposed to get ur boo boo?? thanx

Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
    carla32
    (female)

carla32 HB User

The green pills are hormone free and roughly coincide with your periods. They are there to keep you in the habit of taking the pill regularly. Basically to keep things in sync with your periods so you dont forget to take pills for a while. If you take bcp not in proper coordination with your period you can have abbarent bleeding and they could be less effective. Imagine taking the green pills when you are ovulating.
    I loved ortho tri cyclin. Really cleared up my complexion and it is actully prescribed to do this too.

Last edited by carla32; 08-01-2007 at 06:50 PM.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:56 AM   #10
    deeflutter25
    Inactive
    (female)

deeflutter25 HB User

I'm going on vacation in oct. My doc told me we could switch my days of my period. How would that work?? Take the pills different. Such as green first then dark blue and so on. I'm sorry i'm such a blonde. Also When i would get my period a week or so before i would have 1 day where i would cry. I've been crying for like 3 days, but also i'm going though ALOT right now. It could be that also. I'm just cerious of anyone had that before.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
    carla32
    (female)

carla32 HB User

Could be emotions connected with the period. I get very emotional. I dont get nasty or bitchy like the thypical stereotype but a little depressed and have cried. Is the crying like sudden inappropriate outbursts or prolonged? I have been been embarassed at time by a sudden outburst of brief crying at iun appropriate times..

Old 08-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #12
    deeflutter25
    Inactive
    (female)

deeflutter25 HB User

i get really sentive. i do cry when i get my boo boo but latley i've been crying alot. alot is going on now too though.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #13
    carla32
    (female)

carla32 HB User

It happens to me spontaneously as outbursts during my periods. Are you having any issues in your life. Mine strangely are hormonally related and I get depressed but as soon as my period is over it all clears up.

Last edited by carla32; 08-02-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #14
    mykayco7
    (female)

mykayco7 HB User

I've been on this bc for over a year now and have had no trouble with it, gained no weight, but everyone is different. The green pills are just reminder pills let you know where you are and when to start the blue ones again. I personally never take the time to take them and have no trouble with that considering they're only sugar pills. Hope this helps you.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #15
    deeflutter25
    Inactive
    (female)

deeflutter25 HB User

I have another question, i got my period yesterday. its more brown then anything. i'm bleeding very very little. which is great, no cramps, but is it suposed to be the brownish? thanx

Closed Thread