It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Will It Come Back?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
eulapia
(female)

eulapia HB User
Will It Come Back?

Hi, I've been taking birth control pills (Errin) for about 6 months now, the first time I took one of the pills late (an hour or two late), I got my period the next day (even tho I already had my period that month). About two weeks ago I took some pills later than the hour I normally take them (2 or 3 hours) and had unprotected sex. Now my period hasn't arrived, I'm about to take the last pill for this month, and I still haven't had my period.

1. Am I pregnant?
2. Should I stop taking the pills to see if my period comes back?
3. Is there a possibility that I'm just skipping a period?
4. If the pill makes the cervical mucus thicker, making it harder for sperm to reach and fertilize the egg... did the mucus leave in just 2 hours?!

Please answer me asap.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Post-It
(female)

Post-It HB User
Re: Will It Come Back?

It looks like Errin is a mini-pill, which means you have to be EXTREMELY vigilant about taking it at the exact same time every day. If I read your post right, you are late for getting your period? There could be a possibility that you are pregnant. Have you tested? A mini-pill does not consistently prevent ovulation, therefor it is possible that you ovulated and that the sperm still passed through the cervical mucus. Take a home pregnancy test.

Last edited by Post-It; 08-03-2007 at 09:51 AM.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
eulapia
(female)

eulapia HB User
Unhappy Re: Will It Come Back?

I already bought the pregnancy test but i'm so nervous i can't even do it, i still have hope that my period will show up. I had a baby 7 months ago... and I am very afraid of birth defects.

Does anybody know if the mini-pills could cause birth defects?

Thank you for your reply.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
poneystenson
(female)

poneystenson HB User

I heard more women end up with pregnancy when they're on mini pills; probably because they're not taking it the same time everyday. A pregnancy test is what you need. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #5
eulapia
(female)

eulapia HB User

I just took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I will stop my birth control pills and will have NO sex (my husband will kill me for this) but I need to get my period back, I am so stressed about all this...

Thanks you guys

Old 08-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
hailey321
(female)

hailey321 HB User

eulapia!

Please don't stop your pills. The only way they protect you from pregnancy is to keep taking them. It's very normal that you have no period at this time and welcomed by many. Especially since you've had a neg pregnancy test. My suggestion is that you call the doc and get advice on what to do next. I would NOT have unprotected sex at this time however as you're not even suppose to take these pills more than 3 hours late.

Closed Thread