It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

When to start?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
LeAnnie133
(female)

LeAnnie133 HB User
Question When to start?

My doctor has prescribed me Alesse to take because of my VERY irregular periods. My question is though, how am I supposed to start taking the pills when I'm not even having a period? I'm not sexually active right now so I know I'm not pregnant, but the last period I had was in June... I don't know if I'll get another one in the near future and I'm wanting to start on these pills soon. Can I just start them at anytime? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 06:17 AM   #2
mayam
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User
Re: When to start?

Hi there
As long as you are certain there is no risk of pregnancy you should be able to start them straight away. Just don't rely on them for contraception for the first week.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Kszan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I suppose since you're irregular to begin with, it probably won't make too much of a difference when you start. HOWEVER, in order to help you remember what pill to take on which day, I would reccommend that you wait and start on Sunday. I was always a Sunday starter for the 15 years I spent on the pill, and it really helped me keep track, in case I missed a pill or whatever.

The problem with starting on any other day besides Sunday is that you can easily get confused about whether you took the right day or not. It's just too much of a hassle and I never understood why anyone would start on any day besides Sunday. Trust me, you will be much happier for starting on the first day of the week, rather than some random day in the middle of the week.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
LeAnnie133
(female)

LeAnnie133 HB User

Ok, thank you very much for your help.

Closed Thread