It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Birth Control and PMDD

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
    Will I Be Happy
    Veteran
    (female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
    Birth Control and PMDD

I've been reading up on different birth control pills. It seems they can all interfere with depression or make it worse. Is this true? Is there any hope for someone already dealing with depression with PMDD on top of it? Feeling discouraged!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
    ibtouchy45
    Inactive
    (female)

ibtouchy45 HB User
    Wink Re: Birth Control and PMDD

I am in the same boat. At 45, and I know I've got PMDD, but my doctor is "all natural" telling me that I shouldn't get hormones etc... I asked for hormone therapy. But I'm like 26 days out of the month very depressed (oh, I am on zoloft, neurontin) high dosages. I feel I have this and pms most days. I don't know what to tell my doctor psych. she and others always want to have me take different drugs and I've done that. It takes awhile for those drugs to get right into your brain, and if it doesn't work, in the mean time it is all hellish for me and my family. I would about what piano lady says about the book my "Lee" What your doctor won't tell you about pre menopause. I saw the commercial about this birth control taking it for pmdd. I really would like that myself... I know i've got it. Do you feel touchy, like if someone touches you you feel like your skin is going to crawl and your nerves are raw, raw, raw????? I do. Do you feel bothered by the least littlest things even after your period? I do. I feel like i've got the nervous system of an 88 year old lady. I get, or that is usually am defensive... I've done everything... first I excercised doing circuit training it helped a little bit, not much... Then I read up on sensory defensiveness a book called, Too loud, too bright, too tight. It is awesome, still working out doing the herbs etc... Wasn't really doing it so I usually watch the nutritionish Valorie Saxion on Tv. I heard that I needed to do a colon cleanse and an internal cleanse... Oh boy I sure did. I bought a juicer the Jack la Lanes juicer.... I juiced, did broth, and bought a kit that contained all the stuff I needed to use like herbs and tinctures to clean me out... No food for 21 days!!! I took so many of these different kinds of herbs at different times of the day of course drinking like a gallon of water too a day.... Did it work? no.... it didn't... I'm still the same and I hate myself, I hate what my family has to go through, I have a hole in my tongue so to speak around my kids, I never yell, but I tell you it is affecting them when I say stay outside and play longer, or play in the room... All because I don't want to yell for no reason... I never spank or anything, but I take things away, and I also give them chores not for punishment, but for growing up and learning that not everything is handed to them. they are 7 and 11. I show lots of love, but I don't know what to do with these beautiful angels God has sent me. I love them sooooo much... I plan things for us to do together w/hubby, which we don't get along. I do the best I can... I have PMDD and I've got a beautiful life, it like this: I cannot live it. Does anyone or do you understand me at all? I think that maybe I'll ask for the pmdd. But she won't give it to me. All she wants me to do is eat right and excercise and I do, but she comes up with other things like you need like, enzymes that will help carry the saratonin to the brain and that they act like little vehicle vessels and carry it up to the brain and all that.... So your not the only one, and if you'de like to talk sometime I'm here for you. We'll get thru this sometime be it testosterine or progesterine or the pill, we will get thru this.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
    coty
    (female)

coty HB User
    Re: Birth Control and PMDD

Some BC can depress the production of the hormone that makes you feel good, against this you might want to take vitamin B6 (I believe it's B6, ask your doctor) which is a precursor of that hormone to help to restore your normal levels. Just an idea, it worked well for me.

Closed Thread