It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

swollowing the pill

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
emma j
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User
swollowing the pill

ok this may be a strange one but i CAN'T swollow any kinda of tablet. It just stays in my mouth and no mater how much water i just can't swollow them, i have this terrible fear of choking so it just doesn't happen.
So i've started on the pill for the second time and yes i know there TINY but do u think i can swollow them!! so basically i put it in my mouth and break it in half and then those in half again then then try my best to swollow them. So today i took my pill for the first time in over 2 years and yes again its tiny but i just couldn't swollow it so after like am in it was disolving in my mouth i ended up swollowing it but it had disolved into my siliva..
My question is.is this ok??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
mayam
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User
Re: swollowing the pill

Doesn't sound like it's the best method for you. You are mean't to swallow them whole and if you have this trouble every day then it could be a big problem. Why don't you try the patch instead?

Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
emma j
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User

i was gonna look into it but a friend kinda put me off it. can u put it anywhere on ur body

Old 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
Kszan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

You should go to your doctor and ask for a prescription for the new chewable birth control pill. Although it's brand new on the market (and may therefore be more expensive because insurance rarely covers brand names), it might be a better option for you if you can't swallow pills.

There are a lot of medications that are specific about not chewing, crushing or otherwise altering them before swallowing because it makes them less effective. I'm not sure if the pill is considered that way, but you need to find out.

Another option is also the Nuva Ring. You should talk to your doctor about both the chewable BCP and the Nuva Ring as alternatives for your problem. Because I'm not sure whether chewing a regular BCP still makes it be as effective against pregnancy or not, but something tells me it may not be?

Old 08-16-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
emma j
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User

Hey,
i live in ireland so i doubth very much that we've caught up with chewable b/c!! we're still in the ancient times!! i might look into the patch so.
thanks.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #6
coty
(female)

coty HB User

Have you tried a deception approach? Like what we do with our cats and dogs? hide it inside some bread or food and try to swalow it like that?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
emma j
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User

i'd still know it wouldd be ther though and be aware of it. i wouldn't mind if it where huge but its tiny!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
Kszan
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I just read that the Nuva Ring is available in Ireland. Go and ask your doctor about it and then you don't have to worry about swallowing any pills.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #9
emma j
Senior Veteran
(female)

emma j HB User

excellent i'll look that up. thanks

Closed Thread