It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Switching from Seasonique to Alesse 28

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #1
Mina575
(female)

Mina575 HB User
Switching from Seasonique to Alesse 28

I am on my 5th month of Seasonique. It has been great except for the weight gain which is depressing me terribly. I diet and work out and do 45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and the weight will NOT budge. Normally I can lose weight when I want to but this pill is making it impossible. Since I began it I have gained 10 pounds. When I took the placebo pills, I lost 5 pounds without trying, then when I started the Seasonique again I gained that 5 pounds back and then some. One other problem, my libido is practically gone! My poor boyfriend. Oh well. It sure was nice not having a period every month.

I have one month left on my Seasonique. I would finish the pack September 30. I dont know if I want to wait that long. I want to skip to the placebo pills and start the Alesse. Or should I just finish the pack? I just fear that I am going to be a 2 ton harriet by the end of September.

I am going to try Alesse 28 because I usually dont have a problem with weight gain on ultra low dose bcp's. The pharmacy tried to give me the generic of Alesse 28; Aviane 28, but I declined. I always feel better taking the name brand. I dont know what the difference is in the generic and name brand anyway. I heard somewhere that the difference was the fillers they used. Well wish me luck. I think we all need it when it comes to BC.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
kdbrown9
(female)

kdbrown9 HB User
Re: Switching from Seasonique to Alesse 28

This is interesting. I have been on Seasonique for 6 months and also had problems losing weight. However, I also take Paxil and assumed that was the problem. I may need to investigate more.

BTW - When you were taking Seasonique, what day did your period start? I took my last active pill on Sunday, and it's Thursday, and I have yet to start (don't know from last cycle of pills as I had breakthrough bleeding that ran right into my period). I feel kind of crampy with low backache as I usually do every month, so I feel it's coming...

Good luck on Alesse...let us know what it's like

Old 08-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
Mina575
(female)

Mina575 HB User
Re: Switching from Seasonique to Alesse 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrown9 View Post
This is interesting. I have been on Seasonique for 6 months and also had problems losing weight. However, I also take Paxil and assumed that was the problem. I may need to investigate more.

BTW - When you were taking Seasonique, what day did your period start? I took my last active pill on Sunday, and it's Thursday, and I have yet to start (don't know from last cycle of pills as I had breakthrough bleeding that ran right into my period). I feel kind of crampy with low backache as I usually do every month, so I feel it's coming...

Good luck on Alesse...let us know what it's like
Hello,
I got my period about 4 days into the placebo pills. My period was not heavy but the cramps were awful. I never get cramps like that. I also got migraines during that time. But I lost all my weight. I figured, hell, I only het my period once every three months so I dealt with it. I will let you know how I do on the Alesse.

Closed Thread