It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Guy with nuvaring questions

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
dking07
(male)

dking07 HB User
Question Guy with nuvaring questions

Hi,
Well my girlfriend just got nuvaring today and I was doing some research of my own and come up with a few questions about this birth control.

1. Just how good does this work and can I have intercourse with her without worring about her getting pregnant

2. If she inserts the ring on the day after her period do we have to wait 7 days before we have sex?

3. Will she have side effects such as headache, nausea, ect...?

4. How can this work if she still has a period? Most birth control stops periods for several months.

5. Will she still be able to enjoy sexual relations without having some type of pain because of the ring?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and if you can't answer all the questions just tell me the answers to the questions that you know. I am just worried that this is not an effective form of birth contol because my girlfriend is very smart and has a lot to do(college, job, ect...) before she starts having kids

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
rrhjsh812
(female)

rrhjsh812 HB User
Re: Guy with nuvaring questions

The nuvaring is a great birth control option. It doesn't make women as crazy or nutty as the pill since it is a guaranteed steady stream of hormones in the body. I love it - used it for about 4 years and haven't ended up pregnant yet....

Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
baj406
Veteran
(female)

baj406 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking07 View Post
4. How can this work if she still has a period? Most birth control stops periods for several months.
It's actually only specific birth control that stops periods. With bc pills you have a pack and three weeks of that pack are the hormonal pills then one week is placebo. During that time you will get your period. The ones that stop periods just don't have the placebo. Anyway, I have a coworker who uses Nuvaring. She has for over a year I think and it works fine for her.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
dking07
(male)

dking07 HB User

can someone answer #2 for me please? And thank you to all who have posted on my subject your information is very useful!

Old 09-16-2007, 12:06 AM   #5
s3xb0mb
(female)

s3xb0mb HB User

Whenever a girl switches birth control methods (like between one brand of pills to another, or between the pill and nuvaring for example), only for the first cycle should she be concerned about using another method (such as a condom). After she has already had one period after being on the ring, for her second cycle with thew ring, you will not have to wait 7 days before intercourse without the worry of pregnancy. (This works the same with pills - for her first pack, she should be using an alternative method of birth control so that her body can adjust to the hormone levels - for this first month, ovulation may not be stopped. By her second pack, she should be A-OK for birth control).

Closed Thread