It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Birth Control- Any good ones out there??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
m8tt711
(female)

m8tt711 HB User
Birth Control- Any good ones out there??

OK heres the problem. I am currently on the ring. Since going on the ring I have had a steady decrease in sex drive. Before I was on the ring I would have sex about 5 to 6 times a week and life was awesome. Now 5 months after being on the ring I have sex about 3 times a month sometimes or less. I just have no drive to have sex. It is affecting my Boyfriend alot. I insist its not him. We have been talking about it. My boy friend does not want me on birth control at all becuase he has read information on and doesnt want me to have any negative side effects from them. I want to be on some form of birth control because I do not want to take the chance of getting pregnant especially a condom breaking or just being stupid when we are drinking. Has anyone had any luck with any other birth control?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
Amy26
(female)

Amy26 HB User
Re: Birth Control- Any good ones out there??

There are side effects for almost all of the birth control methods. I actually love the ring... I've been on it for like 3 years. Yes it reduces my sex drive as well... but I understand that its the ring doing it and I just have sex anyways... :P Certainly doesn't take away my mood once I get started.

I tried a lot of the other birth controls and they either caused too many side effects or raised my blood pressure too much. Ring was the best option for me cause aside from the sex drive thing... I don't have any side effects from it.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
heirabbit
Inactive
(male)

heirabbit HB User

Simple answer to your question: No.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
arychel
(female)

arychel HB User

You could try the nonhormonal IUD, Paragard. Since any hormones can cause a decrease in sex drive, using something that is non hormonal is key. I recently quit BCP and switched to Paragard-- overall I feed much better!

Closed Thread