It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• TriNessa / Ortho Tri-Cyclen situation... Baaad nausea (throwing up) in the morning

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
    Caitlinnn
    (female)

Caitlinnn HB User
    TriNessa / Ortho Tri-Cyclen situation... Baaad nausea (throwing up) in the morning

[ Just the backstory: On Sunday I started birth control for my acne - I'd asked my doctor for Ortho Tri-Cyclen since that's what I'd heard was best for acne. I received the generic TriNessa from the pharmacy, took the 1st pill, then researched it and freaked out about what people said about it, called the pharmacy, who insisted I could pick up OTC and start on the 2nd pill the next day and continue from there since they're so similar, which is what I did. ]

Anyway my real problem: day after taking TriNessa at 6 PM, I woke up at 6:30 AM from stomach pains, which then turned to nausea, causing me to throw up at 7 AM, and then (the weird part) continuing to throw up for a total of FIVE times all in exactly 30-minute intervals (7, 7:30, 8, 8:30, and 9) and then it stopped.

This morning, the day after I switched right to OTC, I threw up again at 5 AM (but luckily only once, so maybe it's getting better).

I just want to know if it's normal to have this "morning sickness" and if it'll disappear SOON, because I can't be throwing up every morning if I don't want to kill my teeth and tear up my insides.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
    h20girllm
    (female)

h20girllm HB User
    Re: TriNessa / Ortho Tri-Cyclen situation... Baaad nausea (throwing up) in the mornin

I got morning sickness like that as well on Trinessa. I finally just quit taking the pill because of it.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
    ng76
    (female)

ng76 HB User
    Re: TriNessa / Ortho Tri-Cyclen situation... Baaad nausea (throwing up) in the mornin

It should go away. Every time I switch bc brands I always have a little bit of heartburn and hiccups. I am on TriNessa, (used to be on Ortho TriCyclen) now, just started about 2 weeks ago, and the hiccups and heartburn have gone away. Not at severe as what happened to you...but if it doesn't go away in a while then you should switch.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
    JP82
    (female)

JP82 HB User

I just started taking Ortho Tricylen a day or so ago...I was on Lo-Ovral earlier and I didn't like it. No real symptoms, but it gave me acne...which I NEVER get. Is it true that Ortho Tri-cyclen helps with this? Are there any other side effects? -- Although I guess everyone is different. Hopefully switching pills won't effect my hormones too much.

Closed Thread