It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Switching to Yaz...good and bad stories?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
blondie7224
(female)

blondie7224 HB User
Switching to Yaz...good and bad stories?

Hi! I'm new! I've been on BC for two years. I had been taking Estrostep and thought that was going well for me but for the past year I've noticed that my sex drive is non existent. So with a change of Dr's I thought I would change BC. My Dr...or NP said that she wouldn't have put someone my age (21) on Estrostep (what does that mean?) I'm kind of excited starting a new BC. My poor boyfriend has gone through my many mood swing changes so he is happy that this could change my moods and our personal life.

When I started on Estrostep I was ok. A few headaches. No abnormal bleeding. After two years everything is normal except for my sex drive. Never gain weight, a few pimples but I don't care about that. I've read through the post about Yaz and have read a lot of bad stories about it but haven't read a lot of good stories. I know everyone reacts differently to BC and hopefully since I did well on Estrostep I will do well with Yaz.

So any good stories while using Yaz? Bad stories are of course welcome since both sides of the pill should be told.

Also, I always thought the placebo pills were just to remind you not to forget to take the pills so I never took them since I thought they don't do anything but is there another point to taking them? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #2
Post-It
(female)

Post-It HB User
Re: Switching to Yaz...good and bad stories?

Hi there, I switched to Yaz back in August after being on Apri-Oral for 2 years. The first week I had the normal transition stuff...overly emotional, sore boobs, etc. After that, everything was fine. I am on my fourth month of Yaz and I like it better than Apri. I gained weight on Apri and Yaz has taken some of that weight off. My periods are a little strange on Yaz, though. One month it will be lighter and only 4 days, then the next month I will have more cramps and have a longer and heavier period. I figure my body is still getting used the pill, but either way, I'm not really complaining. It's no worse than when I was on Apri. I like Yaz a lot.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
bree91
(female)

bree91 HB User

Hey i was just wondering do you think Yaz is a good BC pill to choose. I have recently been told by my doc. that it is a good idea for me to go on one and that i relly need to think about it. Tommorow is my appointment and I dont realy no what type of BC to take. And the main worryr i have is weight gain. So is Yaz something i should consider?>

Old 11-03-2007, 01:00 AM   #4
bluefirelily85
(female)

bluefirelily85 HB User

I like Yaz. It's better for the sex drive issue than Yasmin was, at least in my experience. I also have lost some weight on Yaz. I would recommend it. Oh, but there is the common issue of breakthrough bleeding...

Old 11-06-2007, 07:40 AM   #5
ABC81
(female)

ABC81 HB User

I started yaz 7 days ago mostly to clear my skin. So far, I don't experience any side effects and I lost 2 pounds. I feel kindda cold most of the time but no mood swings or weight gain that I was worried the most. I had breakthrough bleeding just one day. As of now, I would recomned it.

Last edited by ABC81; 11-06-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Closed Thread