It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

Long period while on BC?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
Amystika
(female)

Amystika HB User
Long period while on BC?

I just started taking Alesse (the 28 pack)

My doctor instructed me to start taking the pills on the first day of my period, which I did. Now it has been almost two weeks and I STILL have my period! I have 10 pills left before I start the week of placebo pills. It seems like I am just going to bleed straight through to my next period.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I go back to my doctor or is this just my body adjusting to the new hormones?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Amystika
(female)

Amystika HB User
Re: Long period while on BC?

It surprises me that nobody has anything to add to this.
23 views and NOTHING?

Last edited by Amystika; 11-07-2007 at 02:35 PM.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
Amystika
(female)

Amystika HB User

wow 31 views and look at all the helpful advice!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Post-It
(female)

Post-It HB User

Calm down, not everyone has helpful advice or can relate. Personally I don't know anything about Aleese and I never experienced a 2-week long period when starting a new pill. The hormones in the pill may be too low for your body, since Aleese is a low-dose pill. You may need to switch to a higher-dose pill. Give it the full pack and if it doesn't stop, contact your doctor.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
Amystika
(female)

Amystika HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post-It View Post
Calm down, not everyone has helpful advice or can relate. Personally I don't know anything about Aleese and I never experienced a 2-week long period when starting a new pill. The hormones in the pill may be too low for your body, since Aleese is a low-dose pill. You may need to switch to a higher-dose pill. Give it the full pack and if it doesn't stop, contact your doctor.
Ok...thanks.

Anyone else?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
BayBeGirl
(female)

BayBeGirl HB User

Hello everyone (I am new to the site)

I agree with Post It. I wonder why doctors are not prescribing higher doses of estogen bc pills? I am so over this right now. I thought that having 4 periods a year was a good idea...but uh-no thanks!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
LittleMissLilac
(female)

LittleMissLilac HB User

I had a similar problem with Alesse. I've been on it before with no problems, then went to something else and over the years have been on a few different types.
I had a bad experience with Marvelon after a year and asked for another monophasic pill but lower dose, so we went to Alesse.
I had a regular period. Then was a few hours late one day 2 weeks into the package. I then got another period and it lasted for 10 days!
I was not impressed- so have switched to a higher dose one- trying Minestrin right now.
My advice for you then: talk to your doc about a higher dose pill.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Amystika
(female)

Amystika HB User

thanks for the advice. I called my doctor and she said what I am experiencing is normal as I have just started the pill. Things seem to be settling down now though anyway. I am going to continue taking it for the next two months (so my body can regulate) and go from there. Personally, I don't want to be on a higher dose of hormone as I have Fibromyalgia and REALLY high dose horomones can cause problems with anxiety. The reason why I am on BC is because when I have my period the Fibromyalgia causes my cramps to be so bad I can barely walk. For those that don't know, Fibromyalgia is a central nervous system disorder that causes chronic pain. The pill has been added to my pain control plan.

Closed Thread