It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

how long does it take yaz symptoms to go away after stopping ?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
Bethersbabyy
(female)

Bethersbabyy HB User
how long does it take yaz symptoms to go away after stopping ?

I was taking Yaz.. and I got very moody, paranoid and anxious. I stopped taking the pill about 4 days ago. I was just wondering how long it will take for these symptoms to go away?..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
kittywitty
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: how long does it take yaz symptoms to go away after stopping ?

It can take up to 3-6 months for your body to adjust after stopping the pill. In the meantime, you might try taking a B complex vitamin every day and see if that helps you feel better. The pill depletes B vitamins (at least four of them), hence making you moody, anxious, etc. Good luck.

Last edited by kittywitty; 11-07-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
Post-It
(female)

Post-It HB User

I second the B-complex vitamin. I take one every day since I'm on the pill. It helps a lot. I even notice a difference when I don't take the B-complex vitamin for a few days.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
Bethersbabyy
(female)

Bethersbabyy HB User

i was only takin birth control for like a little longer than a month.. is it still goingto take that long do u think?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
Bethersbabyy
(female)

Bethersbabyy HB User

also Im really scared to try another birth control- because Im scared its going to mess with my hormones and make me anxious and paranoid again.... do you think since they all have the same hormones in them that all birth contrrols will make me have those side effects? or should I try others out?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
kittywitty
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethersbabyy View Post
i was only takin birth control for like a little longer than a month.. is it still goingto take that long do u think?
It may or may not, it depends on the person. I was on Ovcon-35 for four months, and was depressed pretty much the whole time. As soon as I stopped taking it, though, I felt a lot better. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the B vitamin stuff at the time, or else I would have stayed on it and took the B complex. That was the only side effect I really had on that pill, that and my boobs got bigger with no weight gain elsewhere, which wasn't a problem for me at all. I did take the B complex when I was on Brevicon (similar to Ovcon), though, and it helped my mood a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethersbabyy View Post
also Im really scared to try another birth control- because Im scared its going to mess with my hormones and make me anxious and paranoid again.... do you think since they all have the same hormones in them that all birth contrrols will make me have those side effects? or should I try others out?
Combined birth control pills all have estrogen and progestin hormones in them, just varying levels depending on the brand and whether it's monophasic (same level of hormones all month) or triphasic (different levels all month). I've always done better on the monophasic ones, but every woman is different and will react differently. As far as I know, any birth control pill is probably going to affect your mood because they basically all deplete the B vitamins. I'm not sure about progestin-only pills (the mini pill), though, I never taken that type before. In any event, if you do decide to try another pill, just make sure you keep taking the B complex.

Last edited by kittywitty; 11-08-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Closed Thread