It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• pcos linked to depo provera

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
    Shelly 80
    (female)

Shelly 80 HB User
    pcos linked to depo provera

Is there a class action lawsuit taking place against the manufacturer of depo provera? If so can I get some information on it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
    barton93
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

barton93 HB User
    Re: pcos linked to depo provera

I've been hearing for years that there is a class action lawsuit against the makers, but I've never heard of it even getting off the ground.

I was diagnosed with PCOS after using Depo.....and I suspect you have too by the title of this thread. Depo is horrible, and someday, it'll get pulled, but unfortunately, it'll probably be after many more stories like ours. It already has 1 black box warning. More are to come I'm sure.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
    Evelyn09
    (female)

Evelyn09 HB User

This may be a stupid question but what is PCOS? And I agree, Depo is evil! I hate it!!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
    barton93
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

barton93 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evelyn09 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but what is PCOS? And I agree, Depo is evil! I hate it!!
    Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Your best bet is to do a search on it and you can find all the info you need on it. But, in a nutshell, it is basically a hormonal nightmare for women. Irregular/absent periods, acne, weight gain, hair growth in all the wrong places, insulin resistance/type 2 diabetes.......these are just a few of the many symptoms that a woman may or may not have. There is no cure. There are many different treatment options, but no pill strictly for PCOS exists. Treatment really depends on the individual person. It really is a complex syndrome because it can vary greatly from person to person.

Closed Thread