It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Spotting on Ortho Tri-Cyclen?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #1
    JP82
    (female)

JP82 HB User
    Spotting on Ortho Tri-Cyclen?

I started ortho tri-cyclen last Monday and now I just started the light blue pills.. I'm kind of noticing a little bit of spotting. It's not like typical red spotting- it's just very, very light brownish..and I only really notice it when I use the restroom. I'm not sure if my body is getting used to the change of hormones (was on Lo Ovral earlier)..or what?I doubt I'm pregnant - although my husband and I did have unprotected sex during that first week I was taking the birth control. I've been on birth control for like 4 years or something, so I wouldn't think that pregnancy would be the issue. Who knows, though.. Did want to ask if anyone else did have the spotting issue. Very minimal, but..it's good to follow up on that kind of stuff. Hopefully it'll go away soon! Thanks guys.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
    chuzter
    (female)

chuzter HB User
    Re: Spotting on Ortho Tri-Cyclen?

i had this problem and still do. i dont get why its the brown color.. its kinda gross. haha. ive been on OTC-lo for 8 months now. but last wednesday i started spotting.. it went from pink-to brown to red.. and i guess i started my period the following monday once i started my green pills.. ive been bleeding for almost 5 days.. and i have 4 days left on my green pills.. its kind of annoying and i really hope it goes away. i hope this helped a little..

Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
    Sassafrass627
    (female)

Sassafrass627 HB User
    Re: Spotting on Ortho Tri-Cyclen?

Blood that is brown in color is old. I experience the same thing on the last couple days of my menstrual cycle. To answer your other question, it is not unusual to have spotting or breakthrough bleeding when starting/changing BCPs. If it continues or is bothersome contact your doctor.

Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to take a pregnancy test, just to be sure.

Good luck to you!

Closed Thread