It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• how can you tell if you are pregnant after you stopped the depo shot 3 months ago

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
    tigger0404
    (female)

tigger0404 HB User
    how can you tell if you are pregnant after you stopped the depo shot 3 months ago

how can you tell if you are pregnant for your third child and after stopping the depo shot 3 months ago, and i have taken a home pregnancy test.

Last edited by tigger0404; 12-28-2007 at 11:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: how can you tell if you are pregnant after you stopped the depo shot 3 months ago

Well, was the test positive or negative? I would think that would be your answer?

Old 12-29-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
    tigger0404
    (female)

tigger0404 HB User
    Re: how can you tell if you are pregnant after you stopped the depo shot 3 months ago

it was negative and you think that i would already know being that i had 2 kids already

Old 12-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Well, unfortunately, the depo shot is really bad stuff, so it's actually not surprising that you're having issues with your period. I'm assuming the reason why you suspected pregnancy is because you didn't have a period, is that right? If you took 2 tests and they came out negative, then it's probably safe to assume that the dep shot has screwed enough with your hormones to mess up your cycle. Unfortunately, it can take a long time for women to get their cycle back to normal after quitting any bc, but most of all the shot.

If you're not trying to get pregnant again, then you might want to use some other backup contraception regardless, just in case. But if you are trying to get pregnant again, it might actually take a while for your ovaries to start working properly again.

Unfortunately, that's what happens to women who use depo. It's the worst possible contraceptive available because of how badly it messes with a woman's body, which you're unfortunately finding out now. At this point, all you can do is give it time and allow your body to detox on its own.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
    tigger0404
    (female)

tigger0404 HB User

well i got pregnant for my second son within 8 months after being on the depo shot for a year and we were trying to get pregnant i was wondering if it was to soon to try to get pregnant again

Old 12-29-2007, 01:47 PM   #6
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm not sure if it's the same for depo as it is for the pill, but my doctor told me that it's better to try to get pregnant as soon as possible after quitting the pill. But again, the problem with depo is how badly it messes up your body, so you may not ovulate again for a while.

Did you talk to your doctor? What did they say?

Old 12-30-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
    tigger0404
    (female)

tigger0404 HB User

well i took the home ovulation test and i took one everyday for a month straight last month and it said i was ovulating everyday is that possible i stopped the shot in july and was supposed (sp) to get it again in september is it possible that it is all out of my system already i was only on it for 6 months if that.

Closed Thread