It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Started taking Yasmin after being 1 week late on my period..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
    PurpleGrapes
    (female)

PurpleGrapes HB User
    Thumbs up Started taking Yasmin after being 1 week late on my period..

I started Yasmine last Tuesday, January 8 (4 days ago). The reason for taking the pill is to regulate my periods because I will be getting married in July and I would like to know when my period is coming before we booked our honeymoon.

Anyways, I was "supposed" to start on Dec 31. When I went to see my gyn I was already a week late. For precaution purposes she had me take a pregnancy test and it was obviously negative.

She told me to take it right when I visited her. Then I read the pamphlet when I got home and it said to start on the first day of my period. I decided to go with my gyn and so I started that day, even though I wasn't on my period yet.

My question is... Is there anyone who started the pill when they weren't on their period? If so, did you skip a period? What effects occurred?

So far I've broken out a tiny bit and I'm either not hungry at all or super hungry. I have also been feeling nauseated (not sure if it's because of the pill or because I'm a little sick or even both). I also have been having a hard time going to sleep because I feel so awake. I eventually do fall asleep after some time.

Any advice or comments would be great!

Have a great weekend!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
    PurpleGrapes
    (female)

PurpleGrapes HB User
    Wink Re: Started taking Yasmin after being 1 week late on my period..

Wahoo! I emailed my doctor and she was able to answer my question.

I just wanted to pass her answer along to those who may be in the same situation..

Her response:
    It should cause you to skip your next period and you should get bleeding when you get to the sugar pills. Since you started the pills late in the cycle ( which is okay) you may have some breakthrough bleeding. If this occurs just keep taking the pills. You will then get your "period" during the sugar pills.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:15 AM   #3
    pbritney
    (female)

pbritney HB User
    Re: Started taking Yasmin after being 1 week late on my period..

I took the pill the wrong day as well(but in the middle of the cycle).Did your doctor say that you should continue to take your pills normally -according to the directions?or you should stop taking some pills?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
    PurpleGrapes
    (female)

PurpleGrapes HB User
    Re: Started taking Yasmin after being 1 week late on my period..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pbritney View Post
    I took the pill the wrong day as well(but in the middle of the cycle).Did your doctor say that you should continue to take your pills normally -according to the directions?or you should stop taking some pills?
    Keep taking it normally. I'm starting my 3rd week of pills this Tuesday and the placebo pills next Tuesday.

I'll keep you guys up to date! ;D

Closed Thread