HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Birth Control (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/birth-control/)
-   -   Does Yaz work for PMDD? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/birth-control/571416-does-yaz-work-pmdd.html)

Abbygal 01-21-2008 09:02 PM

Does Yaz work for PMDD?

Hi! I'm rather curious as to whether or not Yaz works for the severity of PMDD. I'm a true sufferer from it as it affects my life every month. I get extremely moody and cry over every little thing and most the time, shove people off and want to just be left alone. All of this starting anywhere from 1 1/2 weeks to 2 before my period begins. Therefore, I rarely have a free week each month from all this.

I've read a lot on here about the side effects of this pill and everything else but no one has really said whether or not it works for PMDD.

So. Has anyone gotten on it for the birth control reason and for correction of your PMDD? And has it worked?

jkfoster 01-21-2008 11:32 PM

Re: Does Yaz work for PMDD?

AbbyGal,

I have been on the Yaz pill since May of 2007 and the Yaz pill has worked for me in the case of PMDD. I use to be the crabbiest, moodiest, and most pushy person from 2 weeks before and about 1/2 week after my period. The Yaz pill has helped and stopped almost about 95% of that. Yea i still get a little moody every once in a while, But I tend to notice it now and usually correct it. So If you have it like i did, then I suggest it to you. Its worth the side effects!

Much luck to you.
-JkFoster

Abbygal 01-22-2008 02:38 PM

Thanks for the response. I plan to start it as soon as I can some other health issues straight (GERD). I pray it doesn't give me bad migraines like I had with the first and only pill I ever went on. Was this a side effect you suffered or no?

jkfoster 01-22-2008 07:02 PM

Abbygal,

well in the beginning it was if i was on my period for the first month that i took it, I had the cramps, the mood swings, the cravings... all of it. But once the first month was over i havent had any side effects till recently and i just noticed im bleeding over the allowed 4 day period time. So i may have to switch which kinda worries me.

Hope you have the best of luck.
-Jkfoster

Abbygal 01-22-2008 07:06 PM

Eek :/ The migraines are just the issue for me, I can't stick them out like I can all other symptoms. But I'll just have to try and see, every pill works differently on every woman!

I wish you the best and good luck :P

jkfoster 01-22-2008 07:08 PM

Thanks,

see i never had migraines. I just had really horrible cramps. Not to mention the reason i start the BCP is because i had a period non-stop for 4 months, and it was miserable.

Well i wish you well.
-jkfoster

ladyluck27 02-19-2008 05:10 PM

[QUOTE=Abbygal;3403528]Hi! I'm rather curious as to whether or not Yaz works for the severity of PMDD. I'm a true sufferer from it as it affects my life every month. I get extremely moody and cry over every little thing and most the time, shove people off and want to just be left alone. All of this starting anywhere from 1 1/2 weeks to 2 before my period begins. Therefore, I rarely have a free week each month from all this.

I've read a lot on here about the side effects of this pill and everything else but no one has really said whether or not it works for PMDD.

So. Has anyone gotten on it for the birth control reason and for correction of your PMDD? And has it worked?[/QUOTE]

I took YAZ for about 3 months hoping to calm down my out of control PMS Symtoms. Needless to say, it did not work, unfortunately it seemed to aggravate my symtoms and make everything worse. I felt dizzy, nausea, stomach pain, headaches, crying spells, overall excessively emotional which is not the norm for me.

So I visited the DOC to let her know this was not working for me and I really needed something for my horrible PMS symtoms. Like you I started having PMS symtoms soemtimes 2 weeks before my period, so that I felt I was dealing with my menstrual moods and pain for most of the month.

So now I have swithced to a new birth control Microgestin FE 1/20 I haven't tried it yet, but I will see soon.

Anyway my DOC suggested I may have PMDD and now I am trying Saraphem (flouzetine generic prozac) for these symtoms. I have to say it has already helped me a lot and I've only been taking it for 1 1/2 weeks....what is really noticable is that I don't have that irritable edge, and although my period is a couple days away, I feel GREAT!

Obviously I need to try it out a little longer also in combination with the new Birth Control, but I think it's great i am already feeling a difference. And no side effects, except being a little drowsy.

Hope this helps!

demo_girl99 03-05-2008 11:18 AM

I've only been on it for a little over a month, but so far I have noticed a dramatic difference in my moods...as has my boyfriend. I was having bad headaches from other pills, but not with this one...however I don't get migraines. It's a great pill to try. Good luck!

katharine81 03-05-2008 12:31 PM

i like yaz overall but i got kinda moddy in the end of the 2nd week on it. I also had bloated but seems to be decreasing and im bout to start my 2nd month friday.... I was worried about weight gain cause im oetite but I already have size d boobs and didn't want them getting bigger, and i noticed they recently got a tiny bit smaller. But you have to wait three months to see the real results,, it also has not helped with my acne like I was hoping. hope this helps, i think you should def try it.

katharine81 03-05-2008 11:38 PM

I think that could be why we get the heaaches i stillget them and im on the fake pills. also didn't get my period until the third day of the fake pill. Im having cramps that are as bad as when I was on no pill at all butbits not that bad.

katharine81 03-06-2008 11:24 PM

today and yesterday my cramps were so bad even when took tylenol. But when I came home I took advil and am starting to feel better. tomorrow I start the new pack and om hoping it just goes away cause im going to vegas for the weekend. I hope your feeling better.

Abbygal 03-07-2008 04:50 PM

Ughhh, yea. I've had badd cramps on this period. :( My headaches haven't seemed too bad but my moods are different... that's my BIGGG thing. I am just horrible with it!

I haven't tried yaz yet as I don't know when I will plan to now for the fact that I'm gonna start taking a natural supplement called femenessence to see if it will help with my insane hormones. Everyone that's been on it that I know says it a miracle worker. But you can't take a form of birth control with it cause it won't work properly. So that shoots my tries for yaz down for a few. But I will let everyone know how it works!

katharine81 03-10-2008 11:58 PM

Ive had my period for almost a whole week since last weds. Seems like its pretty much gone though.

katharine81 03-10-2008 11:59 PM

and forgot ask....

I took my pill at 7am today i normally take at 9 but since its daylight savings it was technically 6 Im still on the 1st week though....will this lower the effectiveness?

demo_girl99 03-11-2008 05:18 AM

You want to take it at the same time every day to get the 99% effectiveness. However, I think they say that 'normal use' is usually women taking it around the same time (give or take an hour or two), and I think that drops the effectiveness to about 97%. At least you took it right away instead of the next day :)