It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Birth Control Making Me CRAZY???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
    CautiousClarity
    (female)

CautiousClarity HB User
    Birth Control Making Me CRAZY???

When I was sixteen I was put on Yasmin for period problems, then after a year I swtiched to seasonqiue...I started having weight problems (and i was just a MEAN MEAN person on that pill) so I came off to loose weight, after MUCH stuggle I am now 18 and I have been put back on the pill. This time I'm on Apri(Desogen) I'm starting my second week and Ive notcied I'm REALLY emotional... like REALLY. I can't remember if I had this problem before, but i was wondering could it just be my body adjusting to the hormones? Is there a possibilty it will go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Birth Control Making Me CRAZY???

Desogen is terrible. I had the same problem when I was on it. I've also read that other people have had the same problem. You might want to try a different pill. I suggest you stay away from the Seasonale/Seasonique because that one is off the hook for mood problems as well.

I think you should switch. I just don't know what to reccommend because I didn't like any of them that I tried.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Oh, BUT.... I was on microgestin the longest (it's the generic for Loestrin), and it seemed to be the least offensive to me in terms of mood problems. I guess....

Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
    kittywitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Cautious -

It may go away, but there's a good chance that it won't. Here's why: Birth control pills deplete B vitamins. This causes major mood problems like depression, irritability, anxiety, and mood swings. Taking a good B complex vitamin every day would probably help a lot to replenish what's being lost. I had problems with depression before on the pill, and taking the B complex really helped me feel a lot better. If you decide to switch, I would recommend sticking with monophasic pills with the same level of hormones all month. The triphasic pills tend to mess with your moods more, I think.

Last edited by kittywitty; 02-24-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:06 AM   #5
    Ksusha77
    (female)

Ksusha77 HB User

Hi! No wonder for me to hear from people who are having a lot of side effects. As for me I've never tried Desogen but I am currently on Yasmin. I's been almost two months since I am taking the pill. I am also having some depression and mood swings. But so far, I haven't gained any weight,which is almost the only reason I am satisfied with this kind of pill. However I've read a lot of complaints of Yasmin,which made me confused... As I've heard it usually takes about 3 months for your body to adjust, so good luck to you!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
    china138
    (female)

china138 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Birth Control Making Me CRAZY???

I have become THE most depressed person I have ever been because of birth control. I can start crying over nothing! It has really disrupted my life. My boyfriend can't say anything to me because I will lose it. I and everyone around me are miserable because of this. I have already set an appointment for a psychiatric exam to get some anti-depressants. IT IS OUT OF CONTROL I TELL YOU! My friend suggests the IUD, but I don't know anything about it so I can't recommend it to you. I would look into it. My ObGyn gave me some Yaz, so maybe this will work, but I am doubting it! I am going to try the B vitamin, I have not heard of that before. Good Luck to all of us.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #7
    kittywitty
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Definitely try the B complex vitamin first before going to the psychiatrist. You don't want to start taking antidepressants because they have their own set of unwanted side effects.

Closed Thread