It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Continuous bleeding on Alesse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
    erin443
    (female)

erin443 HB User
    Continuous bleeding on Alesse

I started taking Alesse a couple of months ago. When I spoke to my doctor, I said I would be interested in taking birth control that would allow me to have fewer periods during the year. He explained that this kind of birth control was based on marketing and that any birth control can be taken continuously so long as there is a break after going through 2-3 packs. I started taking the pill on the first day of my period and although it became lighter after the first week it lasted for around two weeks whereas I normally have my period for around 6 days. I only stopped bleeding for a few days and then it began again. Since I started taking the pill, I havent had much time off my period, although it has been slightly lighter than usual. I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor on Monday to go in for a refill and talk about this, but I'm curious as to why I've been bleeding so much while taking three cycles of pills without breaks? I am going to take a week off soon once I've finished my last cycle.
    I've been feeling pretty weak for the past week or so, and I think this would be due to a loss of iron. I have started taking supplements but I'm not sure if I should be worried or should consider having any testing done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread