It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Desogen: Negative Side Effects- Alternative option?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
    kaf24
    (female)

kaf24 HB User
    Desogen: Negative Side Effects- Alternative option?

Hi all.

I've been on the bc pills for 5 years now. I started on Mircette and then stayed on that for about 3 years until I was switched to Desogen by Planned Parenthood.

For the past year or two (since I switched to Desogen it seems), I have been experiencing extreme vaginal dryness, low libido (causing problems in my relationship), and other mood swings with various problems.

The biggest problem to me is the vaginal dryness. I had been dealing with re-curring yeast infections since switching to desogen, which I didn't connect to the vaginal dryness to now. Whenever we don't use lube and I get dry, the next day I am plauged with a yeast infection!

My question is.. is this possible to be experiencing these types of symptoms with desogen?

I want to get off this desogen and get on another birth control method. Patch, nuvaring, or another type of pill- does anyone know of a different method that won't cause vaginal dryness?!

thank you so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
    Kszan
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
    Re: Desogen: Negative Side Effects- Alternative option?

I was on Desogen for about 8 months. I hated it! I had many of the same problems. In my opinion it was one of the worst pills. The only one I hated worse was Seasonale. But anyway, I just wanted to tell you that your pill is most definitely causing these problems and you should switch to a different pill. Unless you are in a position where you could go off the pill, which would actually be healthier for you. I quit the pill about 2 years ago and I only use condoms now. It's a lot better for me because I don't have any of the issues I was having while on the pill.

Closed Thread