It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Emergency Contraception

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
    kekica
    (female)

kekica HB User
    Emergency Contraception

My boyfriend and I always use condoms and I recently started a new birth control after being off of ortho cyclen low ( which was making me sick) I have been taking my new pills for 6 days and am a sunday starter.I had unprotected sex on my 7th day but did not miss any pills and have continued to take my pills, I doubled up my next 2 doses with my extra pack of birth control ( because I can not afford Plan b ( $50 dollars here)( I am a poor college student) but was wondering how big my risk of pregnancy is? The reason I am so confussed and a little worried is because my patient info insert says I am protected after the first 7 days Technically i had sex on my 6th day but 7th pill night( sex right before i took my 7th pill) . I just want to know if anyone knows how effective it is in this situatuon. I am worried because I have ovarian cysts also and am worried the extra pills ( that I am attempting to take as an emergency contraception will cause one to burst ). I am stressing and trying not to i know it will just delay but i need some feed back !

Last edited by kekica; 03-30-2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: not clear enough

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
    Re: Emergency Contraception

I'm sure you were fine and that doubling up was not necessary. They say 7 days to make sure you are used to taking them at the right time (that what it said in mine), not that you aren't protected. If you took the right, they're already working. Just keep taking them properly and they should do their job.

(btw, taking one extra pill for a total of 2 for 2 days, does not qualify as ECP and wouldn't work if someone were to try it thinking that's all it takes.)

Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
    kekica
    (female)

kekica HB User

Thanks for responding... I called the pharmacy and my doctors office ( because of my cyst) they said if I would have been on my pill 14 days then there would be no need to worry but 7 days just is cutting it a little to close, I have to take the emergency contraception at my own risk... and if it burst I have to go to the emergency room, I would just like to say I hate how difficult it is to actually get EC. I read on planned parenthood there are some types of birthcontrol you can take as EC 4 at one time then 12 hours later 4 more.. but looks like I am going to bite the bullet and pay for the pills and just be WAY poor for a while, Better than paying for a baby for the rest its life... But again thank you

Old 03-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
    catheryn
    Veteran
    (female)

catheryn HB User

You should be fine.

Doubling up is probably useless and a waste of pills :P

Seriously though, you should be fine.

Last edited by Mo-S4; 03-30-2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Amounts removed.

Closed Thread