It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Loestrin and stopping my period for vacation!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
    mwestfall
    (female)

mwestfall HB User
    Loestrin and stopping my period for vacation!

I was trying to avoid my period for an upcoming beach vacation and asked my doctor if he would give me the pill to try to stop or at least delay it. He gave me two packs of Loestrin, which I started taking immediately ( I was on my period when I got them and had one month until vacation). The problem is I have been bleeding ever since. Should I continue to take them and hope it stops before vacation? Should I double up and hope the additional hormone in my system makes it stop? Should I stop taking the pills altogether a week before vacation and hope the bleeding stops before that? Maybe call the doc and ask for a different pill with a higher amount of hormone? I donít need the pills for birth control so Iím not particularly worried about that. If I had found this board before getting these I would have asked for something besides a low hormone pill. Any advice? I am now two weeks away from Cancun!
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Provera + Loestrin. Bleeding continously for a month. maravan Birth Control 3 03-31-2010 05:05 AM
    what is loestrin 24 fe maribel1115 Birth Control 2 02-06-2008 09:24 PM
    6 months of Loestrin 24 FE- side effects just starting? sirkirsten Birth Control 0 07-31-2007 03:29 PM
    Depo to Loestrin 24 Fe Helgabsnapdrago Birth Control 17 06-14-2007 10:01 AM
    Side effects of stopping the pill... rlf0286 Birth Control 2 03-30-2007 12:16 PM
    Loestrin 24 Fe--Lots of questions! DKScully Birth Control 45 03-20-2007 01:49 PM
    Breakthrough Bleeding with Loestrin 24 FE PopPsychosis Birth Control 6 10-26-2006 05:28 PM
    having problems with Loestrin 24 journies Birth Control 4 07-10-2006 03:07 PM