It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board

• Bleeding on yaz

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
    monica07
    (female)

monica07 HB User
    Bleeding on yaz

I just started Yaz and i happened to start it on the first day of my period because I was told to start it sunday even if i had it. So my cycle went pretty normally, but then when its was supposed to be over, it wasnt. I've been getting what seems like normal discharge, but its blood. My mom mentioned something about residue or something, but this is intensely frustrating. I've been bleeding for 9 days and im going crazy! Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
    pitcherred
    (male)

pitcherred HB User
    Re: Bleeding on yaz

yes -- this is one of the primary side effects of the drug and i would suggest you discontinue its use - u could present more serious bleeding problems. i would call your doctor asap.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #3
    Tivo123
    Inactive
    (female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

No, do not discontinue using it! Where do guys get off answering questions about things they know nothing about? Geez.

It's completely normal to have irregular bleeding when you're first starting a pill, any pill. If you would have read the package insert, you will see it listed among the side effects. It's called breakthrough bleeding or spotting (depending on how much there is).

There's nothing to worry about. What you need to understand about the pill is that you're putting fake hormones into your body and your body needs a chance to adjust. That can take anywhere from a month to two to three or more. I don't know why so many girls freak out about these things when they first start a pill, I don't know why they expect it all to be wine and roses from the get-go. That's just not realistic, when you're dealing with these kind of chemicals.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
    monica07
    (female)

monica07 HB User

Ok thank you very much for the info, this is breakthrough bleeding then? I wasnt sure, because this is just kind of like a continuous period...but does that mean im going to constantly bleed for 2-3 months???? ***? I dont even need this for BC, im on it for PMDD...joy. I do appreciate your info Tivo, dont get me wrong, I'm just frustrated.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
    Tivo123
    Inactive
    (female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

I know it's frustrating but that's part of what you have to put up with when you first start taking the pill. It can either be really easy with no problems at all or it can be really bad with problems left right and center all the time. Or something in between. It just depends on how your body reacts to the hormones.

I don't think you'll necessarily bleed the entire time. I think it's normal to expect to have some of that irregular bleeding in the beginning. Some women have said they have a near constant discharge that is kind of brown or something, which is actually more spotting than breakthrough bleeding, and that lasts for a while. I really don't know how long it will last for you but I don't think it would be for 2 to 3 months.

If it does last that long, then you might need to switch to a higher dose pill. It's the lower dose pills that cause breakthrough bleeding more often because the hormone level isn't high enough to keep the uterine lining from shedding prematurely.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
    monica07
    (female)

monica07 HB User

ok, thanks very much!

Old 02-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
    dotsonbe
    (female)

dotsonbe HB User

Did you stop bleeding? I have just startred taking Yaz a week ago to level out my hormones and make my cycles reg. and have been having breakthough bleeding for 4 days now Thanks

Closed Thread